Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around in my Fleetwood's trunk for the RKE programming wire and couldn't find a thing until last night when someones instructions led me to look behind the left side carpet, on the angular body brace. I looked, and low and behold, found two loose wires along this brace that aren't connected to anything. One is yellow and the other is orange, both with the same light green female connector (I think, it goes in...) on the end. They're both just there, and I could find anything to connect them to.

Any idea what they're for? RKE? Lights? Trunk release button?

Here's the pics:
Loose Wires #1
Losse Wires #2

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
I'd have to look up the wiring schematics but I'm thinking those are NOT OEM wires. The connectors are DEFINATELY not OEM.
They're not the RKE programming wires, they are black/white. I'll check it out and get back to you.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the wires may have been to something aftermarket, too, from the looks of them. They run down from the trunk lid, and then to that brace and back to nothing. I don't know what they're connected to on the trunk lid, but it must be something.

I give up...why the old guy ordered the car with EVERYTHING but RKE and a sunroof is beyond me. Well, maybe I could see not wanting a sunroof (though I really wish it had one!), not wanting RKE is just dumb. My father hates using remotes though, and is the type that would either throw them away or put them in a junk drawer the minute he got a car with them. Technically, he owns the Fleetwood (but it is mine, in a sense), and doesn't want me to touch anything or program any remotes to the car--but I have to! I can't use the key all the time...it's like living in ancient times!

Maybe I'll just have to buy an aftermarket alarm or RKE system and have it installed without him knowing. Yeah, right!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
caddycruiser