Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I just got my first Cadillac Fleetwood Commercial Hearse, and the tape deck is shot. I was hoping to add a dual din radio with a backup camera for the joys of parking this behemoth. I have found that the radio bypass is necessary as the factory radio has a black 4pin and a blue 9 pin connection. Does anyone know where the tuner is located on the hearse trim package as it’s normally located in the trunk on the Fleetwood and the hearse doesn’t really have one of those... any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Drivers side behind the rear wheel behind the interior piece
Thank you so much! I would have never found that!
Do you happen to know if this is still the normal 70-1856 metra wire harness or does this version take something different?

·
Registered
1996 Federal Heritage Hearse
237 Posts
Thank you so much! I would have never found that!
Do you happen to know if this is still the normal 70-1856 metra wire harness or does this version take something different?
No idea. Just know that is where they are. I don't have a radio in mine at all. I like the sound of my engine better, lol. Also these cars are stretched by the coach builder so not all are done completely the same. I suppose Cadillac could have supplied a new longer harness.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, thanks again for all the info. Im mainly using it as an arcade and pinball machine hauler so there are a lot of long stretches grabbing these machines. That being said music aside from the radio is nice to have, but the main priority is the backup cam. I’ll post back on the thread if I’m able to figure it out for anyone else that may run into the same issue. Yours in the profile pic looks awesome btw! :)

·
1996 Fleetwood hearse
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Superior Coach Hearse Conversion
197 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With my 96 Cadillac Fleetwood hearse, the previous owner cut into the radio harness and just took power, clock, and speakers leaving the rest alone. I put this in place of the cheap JVC he had and so far am well pleased. It fit perfectly and I didn't have to use the plastic trim ring on the radio. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H4S9J94/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I don’t suppose you have thediagram of which wire is what for what was cut? The one being installed is almost identical to that radio,just one of boss’s older models I’m pulling over from my crown Victoria.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Cool, thanks again for all the info. Im mainly using it as an arcade and pinball machine hauler so there are a lot of long stretches grabbing these machines. That being said music aside from the radio is nice to have, but the main priority is the backup cam. I’ll post back on the thread if I’m able to figure it out for anyone else that may run into the same issue. Yours in the profile pic looks awesome btw! :)
Good luck with the car. I use my two alot. Thanx for the comment. I do love my 96. any other questions just ask. If I can help I will.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So on this “superior” royal coach hearse it is infact the 70-1856 by metra and it’s located behind the rear passenger side rear wheel well, under the carpeted lighted box that can be removed by 3 Phillips screws. Now I’m working on how to get the wires though to the front. Also if anyone has one of the roller doors for below the jump seat that would be appreciated.

·
1996 Fleetwood hearse
197 Posts
I don’t suppose you have thediagram of which wire is what for what was cut? The one being installed is almost identical to that radio,just one of boss’s older models I’m pulling over from my crown Victoria.
Man, I just put it all back in but you are in luck as I didn't assemble the dash yet. Too cold to do it now, maybe tomorrow afternoon I can get in there. Here are a couple of diagrams. I think he was using Yellow for the radio, Orange for the memory, grey/black for radio dimmer, and the speaker wires are self explanatory. Since I have a Hearse, I only have front speakers so I installed a couple amps and now have a sub and exterior speakers on my rack of the ECTO1 build of my car.

Attachments

·
1996 Fleetwood hearse
197 Posts
So on this “superior” royal coach hearse it is infact the 70-1856 by metra and it’s located behind the rear passenger side rear wheel well, under the carpeted lighted box that can be removed by 3 Phillips screws. Now I’m working on how to get the wires though to the front. Also if anyone has one of the roller doors for below the jump seat that would be appreciated.
I have 2 I pulled out of my Superior coach. They are about 24" wide.

·
Registered
237 Posts
With my 96 Cadillac Fleetwood hearse, the previous owner cut into the radio harness and just took power, clock, and speakers leaving the rest alone. I put this in place of the cheap JVC he had and so far am well pleased. It fit perfectly and I didn't have to use the plastic trim ring on the radio. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H4S9J94/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Not to be "that guy" but it is NOT a Fleetwood hearse. THey are made by coachbuilders which do all the custom work and that can be very different in many cases.

·
1996 Fleetwood hearse
197 Posts
Not to be "that guy" but it is NOT a Fleetwood hearse. THey are made by coachbuilders which do all the custom work and that can be very different in many cases.
His profile pic shows it is a caddy. True, the coach builders take regular body cars, cut and modify the frame and undercarriage, add a fiberglass shell for the roof and rear quarters, etc. but they have to start with a real manufactured vehicle. I have 2, one conversion by Eureka and one by Superior but both are caddys. Most of these vehicles were big body cars like the Lincoln Town Car, Buick Roadmaster, Cadillac Fleetwood, Chevrolet Caprice/Impala. Just depends upon the person ordering the car from the builder as to what they use. Aside from that, my titles both say Cadillac Fleetwood Commercial Chassis.

·
Registered
237 Posts
His profile pic shows it is a caddy. True, the coach builders take regular body cars, cut and modify the frame and undercarriage, add a fiberglass shell for the roof and rear quarters, etc. but they have to start with a real manufactured vehicle. I have 2, one conversion by Eureka and one by Superior but both are caddys. Most of these vehicles were big body cars like the Lincoln Town Car, Buick Roadmaster, Cadillac Fleetwood, Chevrolet Caprice/Impala. Just depends upon the person ordering the car from the builder as to what they use. Aside from that, my titles both say Cadillac Fleetwood Commercial Chassis.
For 94-96 they are referred to as Cadillac Commercial chassis Incomplete. Not Fleetwood. No body work beyond the B-pillar with the exception of the rear quarters. No windows no interior no doors no trunk. And for those cars made from 1984 and prior they were just Commercial Chassis and were NEVER a regular body car. The only body work as delivered from Cadillac was from the firewall forward.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts