Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 eldorado
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the lights flicker only if the engine is running. all the lights. new batt. alt tested good. so now im confused, also there is a clicking sound ,in the dash i think, when the lights flicker. can someone help me out??

·
Registered
Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz
6 Posts
My 88 did this before the light finally quit working for good. The dash lights, gauges, heater and airconditioner all quit at once. Had to replace the central power supply box under the dash near gas pedal.

·
Registered
1993 Cadillac Eldorado Sport Coupe 4.6L Northstar "Y"
130 Posts
i would like to know as well.. considering im having this same issue. Im starting to believe its the relay because it wont start flickering until 2-3 seconds after you turn on the lights

·
Registered
6 Posts
I will ask my father who paid for the repair for more details and post asap! I do know that the mechanic said it was better to rebuild the part rather than get one from salvage as many of the cars in salvage are there just for this reason. Imagine that a perfectly good cars sent to salvage because of an electrical relay box that affects dashlights!

·
Registered
1993 Cadillac Eldorado Sport Coupe 4.6L Northstar "Y"
130 Posts
I will ask my father who paid for the repair for more details and post asap! I do know that the mechanic said it was better to rebuild the part rather than get one from salvage as many of the cars in salvage are there just for this reason. Imagine that a perfectly good cars sent to salvage because of an electrical relay box that affects dashlights!
Good stuff man! I cant wait to get rid of this issue, its not like its affecting anything but my patience.... its just really annoying and somewhat embarrassing when having a passenger.

I have:
Tested Alternator and connections. (GOOD)
Tested Battery and connections. (MODERATE)
Replaced Battery. (GOOD)
Tested Grounds. (BAD)
Replaced Grounds. (GOOD)
Tested and Inspected Battery Terminals. (HORRIBLE)
Replaced both Battery Terminals and added Treatment. (GOOD)
Checked/Inspected/Replaced Fuses in trunk/under hood. (GOOD)

***ISSUE STILL EXISTS***

So this will EXTREMELY help! LOL

·
Registered
6 Posts
the part was called central power supply modular. It cost us $130.00 to fix it after the diagnosis cost of $500.00 (tracing root of problem).I believe it is located under the dash near the gas and brake pedal. THe mechanic that finally found it and fixed it was one that does elecrical diagonistic work not just oil changes and brakes. He rebuilt the one that was in the car. It was almost a year ago and still working fine. Hope this helps anyone with this problem. Maybe since you can diagnosis it you wont be out the $500.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts