Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum and have just purchased a 93 eldo, with the car came a new keyless entry keyfob that is not programed to the car. I have tried various ways to program the remote. I have looked for the green connector in the trunk's eletronic board that you are supposed to ground. the instructions say ground the black and white wire. I can find no black and white wire. someone said look for a wire hanging from the right side below the trunk hinge, not there. also have been told to look for a pig tail near the trunk pull down not there either. dealer want a bunch to program a remote, there is a broken remote that still works but is broken where you would attach it to a key chain. when I push the button the box that says GM keyless enty clicks but there is no pig tail or black wire to ground.
Can anyone help
Chuck
93 eldo
 

·
...Reloaded
'05 XLR
Joined
·
1,698 Posts
Welcome to the CadillacForums Chuck! The bad news is, I don't know the answer to your question. The good news is, I'm pretty sure someone here will. It's been a little more quiet here than usual for a weekend, no doubt due to the Holiday. Stay tuned, enjoy your time on the Board, and thanks for signing up!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
On the 94 Eldo you have to take the push in clips out that hold the carpeted piece that the trunk latch motor sticks out of and remove the carpet covering. The black wire comes out of the loom that powers the trunk pulldown. It is an open end. Try not to break the button clipswhen taking them out.
 

·
Registered
2001 DTS, 2005 Mustang GT, 2010 MINI S
Joined
·
1,121 Posts
84ENS said:
On the 94 Eldo you have to take the push in clips out that hold the carpeted piece that the trunk latch motor sticks out of and remove the carpet covering. The black wire comes out of the loom that powers the trunk pulldown. It is an open end. Try not to break the button clipswhen taking them out.
The black with white stripe wire is taped to the harness passeger side of the trunk pull down (as mentioned in above post).

To program you use a small jumper wire and ground the pigtail with the key in 'on'. You should hear the locks cycle. From this point you only have 30 seconds to program the remotes. You can only have a max of 2 remotes. I think you press the unlock button twice to program. Again you should hear the locks cycle as the module 'see's' the remote.

As for your remotes. There are only 2 that will work. The part #s end in either 729 or 734.

Logan
 

·
Registered
'93 Eldorado
Joined
·
25 Posts
Where did you get the instructions for the 93 eldo from? the only ones i can find says that you have to jumper the ALDL which is located under the ashtray of the center insturment panel. It looks like this is for models with out a center console - Any Help?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
mattakat said:
Where did you get the instructions for the 93 eldo from? the only ones i can find says that you have to jumper the ALDL which is located under the ashtray of the center insturment panel. It looks like this is for models with out a center console - Any Help?

The only instructions I have found are at http://caddyinfo.netgetgoing.com in the FAQ section. It doesn't mention 93 Eldo but says 94-95 Eldo. The instructions for 93 models do not mention Eldo's so I dont know if the method I used will work with 93's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
520 Posts
84ENS said:
The only instructions I have found are at http://caddyinfo.netgetgoing.com in the FAQ section. It doesn't mention 93 Eldo but says 94-95 Eldo. The instructions for 93 models do not mention Eldo's so I dont know if the method I used will work with 93's.
Logandiagnostice info was right for my 92. That's the procedure that I also found at caddyinfo, but that was for a 93. Apparently, 92 and 93 are the same. The only other thing I saw was that if programming only one remote you have to do the pushing the button routine twice to make the car receiver think you're programming both remotes. Otherwise it keeps waiting for the second remote, and more or less times out. So I did mine twice, and it worked.
 

·
Registered
'93 Eldorado
Joined
·
25 Posts
bob2231 said:
Logandiagnostice info was right for my 92. That's the procedure that I also found at caddyinfo, but that was for a 93. Apparently, 92 and 93 are the same. The only other thing I saw was that if programming only one remote you have to do the pushing the button routine twice to make the car receiver think you're programming both remotes. Otherwise it keeps waiting for the second remote, and more or less times out. So I did mine twice, and it worked.
So where is the dealy-doo i need to jumper located? in the trunk? under the dash? the instructions i found say under the dash i guess, but i have a center console.

Thanks for the help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
520 Posts
mattakat said:
So where is the dealy-doo i need to jumper located? in the trunk? under the dash? the instructions i found say under the dash i guess, but i have a center console.

Thanks for the help.
Pull the carpet back from around the trunk latch. In the group of wires that runs into the lock pull-down there's an extra wire not attached to the pull down plug. Mine had a small plug housing on it. That's the one you need to ground.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top