Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 2004 Cadillac CTS-V
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I am new to this forum and I have a question about my 93 Coupe. The car didn't come with the RKE option and I was wondering if you can add one to it and if so where would the receiver go. Thanks!!

·
Registered
1992 Fleetwood S&S Hearse, 1993 Buick Roadmaster
567 Posts
In most cases you can add one, if the car came with power locks - and it's a Cadillac, so I'm assuming it did come with power locks. I'm not sure where you would put the receiver.

We sell the kits at the parts store I work at, and they sell pretty often. Most come with instructions on paper, and some with a DVD to walk you through it. However, it is still, from what I can gather, a difficult do-it-yourself job, based on the amount of returns we get. It's not that the system doesn't work - people just can't figure out how to install it.

I would suggest (again, based on returns) that you find an experienced car audio and security shop to install the unit you get. They will probably prefer to install one that they sell at their shop. It will probably be worth it to get it done by a professional.

·
Registered
177 Posts
What I did with my 1981 Pontiac Grand Prix is I found a 97 Chevy Lumina with a RKE system and took the transmitter box out of it. I then wired it to the lock relay in the Pontiac and it works like a charm. The install took less than an hour and it basically meant attaching five wires to the relay. I've been using it for over an year and have never had an issue with it. I will try to find the instructions I posted on the GBody Forum and send you the link.

----------

Here is the link...

https://gbodyforum.com/threads/keyless-entry.51076/#post-434278

----------

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
If it was a factory option I would f8nd the rke module(and remotes) and wire it in. Might have to reprogram IPC through DIC ao it knows option is on.

·
Registered
1993 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 2004 Cadillac CTS-V
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate the great replies! I might do what nsharma suggested first, and if that doesn't work out I will probably take it to a Audio/Security shop like you said rat. Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts