Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1993 deville
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can the bottom bolts on rear shocks be impacted out after the nut is off? or are they slotted in any way? i beat the sh!t out of the bolts after some good sprays of penetrating lube and they didnt even budge...

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Deville 77 Fleet 78 Seville 92 Deville 03 Deville
3,310 Posts
I don't think they are slotted so they should spin. I don't recall any drama when I did mine a few years ago. You may want to experiment with jacking up that control arm slightly to take some pressure off it.

·
Registered
1993 deville
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think they are slotted so they should spin. I don't recall any drama when I did mine a few years ago. You may want to experiment with jacking up that control arm slightly to take some pressure off it.
its on jack stands with a jack relieving the pressure on the control arm, im just wondering if maybe it was slotted or grooved in the middle cuz i cant spin them for nothing with a breaker bar...i dont want to hit it with the impact if im not suppose to...and theres hardly enough room to get a swing:want:

----------

ill just hit it with an impact when i get back to it in a bit unless someone chimes in and says different

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Sedan deVille
591 Posts
When I did mine a couple of years ago, I just hit the bolts a little with a big adjustable wrench and they came out. I don't know what penetrating oil you're using, but if you're not using PB Blaster get some of that stuff and spray around.

·
Registered
91 Deville
151 Posts
When I did mine two yrs ago, I had to use a very long breaker bar to break it loose, then used an impact wrench on it. Also used PB blaster overnite.

·
Registered
1993 deville
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got em out..stubborn lil bastards lol...so anyway when i took the air line off i didnt see any o-rings, i thought there was suppose to be an o-ring on each shock where you connect the air line?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts