Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys this ones got me good.
My 93 DeVille had the power steering pump go out, no biggie.
Well the pump on the car has a metal sleeve coming off of it that the reservoir hose went to. EVERY SINGLE pump I find online, OE, literally every one of them does NOT have that sleeve. In fact it’s just a hole. I’ve read that there is supposed to be an adapter (GM# 26016414)
This part no longer exists and breaks every time you take one off an existing car. The kicker is MY car did not come with this. Nor can I find a pump like the one that was on my car. I’ll attach some pics of the old one and the one I bought. I’ve looked at all 4.9L and 4.5L pumps. All are the same. Any help would be appreciated, I’m stuck hard on this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Which one from the pictures above did you buy from autozone? My local store has NOTHING available but the wrong one.
The picture I posted is of the pump I purchased to replace on my car. There's two separate pumps, one with the fluid reservoir attached and the external reservoir. The HT4100 4.9 should have the external reservoir as posted. Hope you get it figured out man.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So my picture on the right is the pump that came off. i have the external reservoir that sits on the other side of the accessory bracket. It has that shaft on top for the reservoir to connect to, the one you bought AND the one I bought do NOT have that shaft, that's my issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That shaft is supposed to go from the pressure line into the pump I'm pretty sure. Have you tried pulling the shaft out? I believe there's an o-ring that holds it in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts