Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a bit of a Cadillac historian, and owning a 1993 and having what I believe to be the most extensive collections of "things-1993" related to Cadillac, I have come across something that I didn't have, and something that I never heard of. Has ANYONE EVER HEARD of this:-

The Sales Code appears to have been "T1K"
The proper name: Comemmorative Edition Coupe deVille
Date of "Job 1" ~ January '93

T1K Package:-
Theft Deterrant System (normally Opt. on deVille)
Unique-To-Model Stereo:-
Am Fm Stereo Bose Gold System Cassette **AND** Compact Disc Player
Simulated Convertible roof in Black, or Navy Blue or White
Perforated Leather Seating
Gold ExteriorOrnamentation
60 Special Wheels with Comemmorative Wheel Centers specific to model
Normal Option Pkg 1SB made standard equipment

Available in 14 exterior color combinations
The MSRLP was around $2,200.00 I do not have it exact.

Has anybody ever heard of this, or known of one. It's very simiiar to the mid-year Spring Special Sedan deVille of 1993, PLUS the unique Stereo upgrade featuring BOTH Cassette & CD (a 1994 pull-ahead feature), and making the Theft Deterrant System standard. Otherwise it's a Coupe version of the '93 Spring Special Sedan deVille, but with a different code, of "T1K" and different color combinations.

S A N D Y

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Absolutely everything & more.
Ask.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope. No Scanner

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
Regarding the spring edition... What made it special? I found one in the junkyard and was wondering. Someone got to the preforated leather seats before I could though, and that was all I really know that was different.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Simulated Convertible roof in Black, or Maroon, or Driftwood Beige.
Perforated Leather Seating
Gold ExteriorOrnamentation
60 Special Wheels with de Ville Wheel Centers specific to model
Normal Option Pkg 1SB made standard equipment

That's it, Dave :)

·
Registered
92 Deville
1,725 Posts
Ive seen one on ebay about 2 months ago......I actually assumed it was a dealer done car...but I guess I was wrong.....it only had like 30k on it too.......white on white on white....very nice. Sounds like Cadillac threw everything they had into it.

Hey Sandy....how large is the brosure for the 93's???

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re-Read. IF it was a 4-Door on e-bay AND White-On-White, it WAS a dealer done car!!

If, however, it was a COUPE, (with a white top) it could have been either, factory **OR** dealer !

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Accent Colors were always either Medium Blue or Garnet Red, (except for mine, which is black). Accents are:
Steering Wheel & column; Carpeting; Lower Door Panel Carpet; Rear Hat Shelf; Dash soft pad, upper & lower.

This applies to White Leather Interior.
My car (the 1993) was a custom-made order, with the interior being finished off line at Lake Orion, Mi. It's white leather with black accents and the deep plum body (midnight purple.) Think 1 Gallon on black paint into which you stir one quart of bright purplle and stir like mad!

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Ok, just wondering. Saw the body-colored door handles, and the 60S wheels and started to wonder..... Looked up the RPO codes, and lo and behold, a Spring edition! Theres also a 90 Fleetwood FWD in that yard that looks to be pretty rare, RPOs BY1, B19, B57, and D89 among others make me think that this was a special order car. A mid 80s Roadster edition, Early 90s Phaeton.... A bunch with E&G grilles too, both chrome and gold. Unfortunately, they are damaged....

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
OOops!! I forgot to include in my listing the body colored door handles (lifted from the Touring Edition de Ville). Sorry - It was late & I was :yawn:

Regarding that FWD (1990?) Fleetwood, codes BY1, B19, B57 & D89 are:-
Exterior Ornamentation
Custom Interior Ornamentation
Other Exterior Ornamentation - Delete
Special Decor - Paint

Ya, it "sounds" special -- but I'd have to see a picture of it to be sure.
Was it a Sixty Special ? It coulda been that! Rear sides, under fleetwood script a small looooooong & narrow plaque says
s i x t y s p e c i a l

Otherwise To the best of my knowlege & info, I know of NO special edition FWD Fleetwood between 1989 & 1992 ....

WHAT COLOR WAS IT ??????

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I'll have to grab a picture next time I'm at the yard. That also happens to be the car that we used the digital dash from to convert my friends 93 Coupe Deville over with. The Fleetwood was a very oddly equipped car. Rarities such as 4 note horns (U09), power reclining seats (A80, A81), But no rear window defogger. :hmm: (The horns made thier way into the Deville as well as the sought after hood ornament alarm, and the remote fuel door release. The real wood trim almost did too.)

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dual Pwr. recliners are part of the "Comfort Seating Group" standard on a 60-Special of 1990, optional on a Fleetwood w/OUT the 60-Special Pkg. The horns & the wood were standard fare on Fleetwoods. *BUT* SO WAS A REAR WINDOW DEFROSTER !! R-U sure there was none??? Even standard on Folrida and New Mexico cars - as well as Arizona. Seems VERY odd! I would love & pray to pictures, if only you would/could!! :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

BTW, what kinda top? Metal, Padded full length vinyl or aftermarket Sim-Con or E & G Half Top ??

·
Registered
92 Deville
1,725 Posts
Sandy said:
Dual Pwr. recliners are part of the "Comfort Seating Group" standard on a 60-Special of 1990, optional on a Fleetwood w/OUT the 60-Special Pkg. The horns & the wood were standard fare on Fleetwoods. *BUT* SO WAS A REAR WINDOW DEFROSTER !! R-U sure there was none??? Even standard on Folrida and New Mexico cars - as well as Arizona. Seems VERY odd! I would love & pray to pictures, if only you would/could!! :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

BTW, what kinda top? Metal, Padded full length vinyl or aftermarket Sim-Con or E & G Half Top ??
WOAHHH HOLD ON THERE SANDY.........dont wet your pants. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Full top, and of course the requisite Electroluminescent crests... (which are going to go get tested with one of those battery boosters to the inverter....) I am sure it didnt have the defogger because the missing button on the ECC caught me off guard. Notice in the RPO list, the outside mirrors are not heated... Std. with rear defog. Definitely a Fleetwood according to the VIN (4th and 5th chars C and B, as well as the tenth is an L showing it as a 1990)

Heres the RPO list on the car. Very nice color, but I would not describe it as Light mushroom or whatever it is. Maybe my code list is out of date (didnt have many of them)

AG2 Adjuster Pass st power 6 way
AJ3 Driver Airbag
AM6 Front seat, split 3 pass ctr armrest
A80 Adjuster frt seat bk power, driver reclining
A81 adjuster pass st bk, power reclining
A91 Pull down rr compt lid
BY1 Ornamentation extr emblem body var 3
B19 ornamentation intr custom
B34 covering frt floor mats, carpeted insert
B35 covering rear floor mats, carpeted insert
B48 trim equipment, luggage compartment
B57 ornamentation, extr deluxe