·
Registered
2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '93 CDV has a F46 code. WTF is that? :rant2:

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,987 Posts
P046 (E046) .................................. Right to Left Bank Fueling Difference

I think "F" is history if I am not mistaken.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, ok! I did not know F was for history. I'm chasing down the cause of an SES light. I also have E41, so I'm thinking the hall effect sensor is bad. I'm thinking of just changing out the whole distributer. Does that sound like the best thing to do, rather than try and fix a 14 year old one?

·
Registered
99 Seville STS, 08 STS4 N* 1SG F55
3,516 Posts
In my 1990 an 'E' code was ECM (PCM now) and an 'F' was BCM (Body Control Module) - each computer had different codes. History was displayed as 'EE' and 'FF' depending on the code.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,987 Posts
Oops. :hide: In that case I don't know what to say. I can't find any such DTC.

·
Registered
93 Sedan Deville 4.9L
1,005 Posts
F46 is low refrigerant IIRC. I have it or f48. One is "low" the other is "very low" F46 - 48 wont throw a ses light, it will put up a service air conditioner light though.

E codes will set a ses though, so your e41 is most lieky the cause, I dont know much about e41 though, never gotten it myself.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Once in a while the Service Air Cond light will come on, but the A/C works.

·
Registered
93 Sedan Deville 4.9L
1,005 Posts
Once in a while the Service Air Cond light will come on, but the A/C works.
Then you may not be very low yet, Mine always says SES and the A/C is shut off at the compressor automatically because of the code. Think you get F46 then later it goes to F48 to signal your very low

·
Registered
Cadillac
8 Posts
I'm having the same problem codes. E41 is a cam sensor signal problem. I called the dealership and they don't have just that part. They have the whole mount. They told me it was $88.00. Good luck. Any problems stalling? That's what's going on with mine. The guys here told me rod out my throttle body.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No problems with stalling, yet. NAPA sells the sensor for $71, but I think I'm going to try a used distributer. The lowest price I found for a rebuilt distributer is $125.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts