Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 93 Deville wouldnt start for me after work today. I turn the ignition on and the lights and everything work but it doesnt turn over (not even a click). The security light flashes constantly as soon as the key is turned on but it will not crank or even click. I've tried letting the car sit for 30 minutes thinking the security system needed to be reset but didnt help. I had my other set of keys driven up to me thinking it was the resistor in my ignititon key but the other set of keys didnt help. I also tried to start it in neutral thinking it might be the neutral safety switch but that didnt help. I ran the codes and got an E55 but from what I recall that has to do with the TPS which shouldnt prevent the car from at least cranking. I disconnected the battery to try and reset the ECM but didnt help.

I am thinking it has to do with the security system somehow because I have never noticed the security light flash constantly before with the ignition on. My car is still sitting at work and I am trying to figure out what the possible culprit is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
Is there dirt inside of the ignition lock? If someone has a FSM on a 93 and can tell him which wires to measure the resistance across, you can compare that to the key itself

You WILL need to disconnect the ECM while you check this, as it has pullup resistors in it and will mess up your readings.

Make sure you safe the air bags! It would suck to blow them while you are down there...

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
If it is something wrong with the PASS key stuff that seems to be a normal problem for those cars. Usually it's something broken that it can't tell if you're using the right key or not anymore. There are a lot of posts about that here. Do a search for it and you'll find a bunch of them about how to fix it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts