Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
yeah true, a lot more modern, quick as hell for such a big car, slightly better fuel economy

·
Registered
1999 STS (Z rated, Right hand drive)
207 Posts
I used to own a 1977 MKV Lincoln Continental here in the UK, used daily for work,
The roads here are plenty big enough for a FWB, I never had a problem,
You just have to avoid the multi-story car parks thats all!
BTW, there are quite a few FWB's in the UK already!

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ive only ever seen one on the roads here! It was white, with chrome covered lowe body.

I can drive it, dont get me wrong i can drive limos, but its just trying to find a parking space, the ESV takes up two at Waitrose, and doesnt fit into less that for at Tesco......

Sometimes i think about parking in bus stops, after all, it is bigger than some bussses LOL

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
how long are the Devilles/ DHS'? 207 something right? well add just south of two feet to your DHS and you got a Fleetwood. not too bad length wise. im still voting

1996 FLEETWOOD

BROUGHAM!

·
Registered
1999 STS (Z rated, Right hand drive)
207 Posts
I think it is a mistake to ask the opinion of Cadillac enthusiasts what you should buy,

In the UK(and Europe) Mercs are like doggy poo....all over the place!!!
Buy something unique, ignore the pro's and cons,

Get the Caddy!!!

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
mccombie_5 said:
I have a solution

I'll get both
:nono: damn you :D! must be nice. getting both, well you got the room now dont you? or will have the room once you get rid of the ESV? hmmm, i bet you'll miss that ESV after a while... well maybe not you'll have a Fleetwood. my buddy just replaced all the symbols on his 94 Fleetwood, the new symbol hood ornament & pillar post symbols. he got the new crest and wreath stitched in his head rests. it looks good, almost Escalade-ish. oh he re upholstered his interior and got the same leather that is in the new Cadillacs. oh, good luck telling Claire.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
93fleetwoodlowlow said:
:nono: damn you :D! must be nice. getting both, well you got the room now dont you? or will have the room once you get rid of the ESV? hmmm, i bet you'll miss that ESV after a while... well maybe not you'll have a Fleetwood. my buddy just replaced all the symbols on his 94 Fleetwood, the new symbol hood ornament & pillar post symbols. he got the new crest and wreath stitched in his head rests. it looks good, almost Escalade-ish. oh he re upholstered his interior and got the same leather that is in the new Cadillacs. oh, good luck telling Claire.

Pretty good, well, my garage space is going to be taken as follows:

Attatched garage (four car capacity):

VW Phaeton
Cadillac Deville DHS
Range Rover
Jaguar XJR (when i get it)

New garage 1 (four car capacity):

Cadillac Seville STS
Cadillac Fleetwood
Cadillac Escalade ESV (and the Bentley Arnage that will replace it)
Mercedes Benz S600 or 600SEL (whichever i get)

New garage 2 (four car capacity)

Vauxhall Vectra GSi
Vauxhall Astra GSi
Cadillac Eldorado
BMW 545i

Which leaves me with a Rover 114GTa that doesnt fit in anywhere, its currently in the barn, but that is a temporary arrangement

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
you're an architect right? thats where u get all the money for all these cars and garages im guessing

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I~LUV~Caddys8792 said:
you're an architect right? thats where u get all the money for all these cars and garages im guessing
Yup, been at it along time, started up on my own a while back, never looked back. My wife is also the headmistress of a school (principal) and that helps a bit too......

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
your getting a Bentley Arnage? what year? that would be cool but i still sing "No Bentley's Cadillac pimpin..."

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
93fleetwoodlowlow said:
your getting a Bentley Arnage? what year? that would be cool but i still sing "No Bentley's Cadillac pimpin..."
Probably a 1999 theyre selling for about £60k,and my uncles giving me £65k for the ESV......

(he owes me a few thousand too, the car isnt worth that much)

·
Registered
1994 Sedan Deville
2,146 Posts
mccombie_5 said:
Pretty good, well, my garage space is going to be taken as follows:

Attatched garage (four car capacity):

VW Phaeton
Cadillac Deville DHS
Range Rover
Jaguar XJR (when i get it)

New garage 1 (four car capacity):

Cadillac Seville STS
Cadillac Fleetwood
Cadillac Escalade ESV (and the Bentley Arnage that will replace it)
Mercedes Benz S600 or 600SEL (whichever i get)

New garage 2 (four car capacity)

Vauxhall Vectra GSi
Vauxhall Astra GSi
Cadillac Eldorado
BMW 545i

Which leaves me with a Rover 114GTa that doesnt fit in anywhere, its currently in the barn, but that is a temporary arrangement
Is that a grand total of 12 cars?? I think I'm moving to the U.K. I wouldn't mind having 12 cars but I can't. :crying: You have got to take pic of all your cars together MC5. You're driveway is going to look like a car lot. McCombie's Autos.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
LOL

Well i havent got a Fleetwood or an S600 yet, so make that 11, because the GTa is still in my barn. I have a photo, but my camera refuses to upload it to any of the computers :( which is a real PITA

D

·
0 Posts
In addition to my 91 FWB I also have a 97 S320 Benz. I've driven the 93-96 Broughams as well. I like the older style Fleetwoods personally but like some of the upgrades of the newer ones. Back on subject. The Benz is in a different league. The two should not even be compared as they are totally different cars. I purposely chose the S320 over the S500 or S600 simply because it is the cheapest one to maintain plus it gets decent mpg. Mine is a long wheelbase model and so far has been extremely reliable. Even though its only a 6 cylinder, it moves real well in any situation save for off the line acceleration. I test drove an S420 and S500 before purchasing my car and didn't notice a big difference in power with the S420 but the S500 was noticeable. The S600 I'm sure is a lot more powerful than the aformentioned models. Anyway, I would take the Benz over the Fleetwood, especially an S600...........no contest. :thepan:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I did own a 320 and it was all of the things you mentioned, probably the most solid car i have ever owned.

I have an apointment to see an S600 long wheelbase on thursday night :D

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
i seen a S500 yesterday, im not sure what year it was but it was pretty new. man it was beautiful, if i can find one for real cheap (yeah right) i will get it.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
93fleetwoodlowlow said:
i seen a S500 yesterday, im not sure what year it was but it was pretty new. man it was beautiful, if i can find one for real cheap (yeah right) i will get it.
IF it looked like this:

http://www.hfweddingcars.com.au/images/big_1134.jpg

Its a 92-99 and thats what I'm looking at

IF it looked like this:

http://www.autonoleggioautoelite.com/images/foto/mercedes/PIC_0006.JPG

It is the current model, I used to own an S500 in this bodystyle, it was a 2000, black, tan leather. VERY nice, but not as good as my 94 320SEL

·
Registered
1994 CADILLAC DEVILLE CONCOURS, 350ZR
443 Posts
IMO I think you should get the FWB not because I'm a Caddy fan but because it would stand out more. I also own Benz. My favorite are the W126, I think those were the the last greatest S klass that were made. The only thing i didnt like was that they are under power.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts