Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
'08 DTS Lux III Blk Cherry, '89 Brougham d'Elegance Dip Blue
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking around online at Fleetwoods and got to thinking about something. I really like the look of the vinyl delete cars, but I've noticed that they're all just standard Fleetwoods. Was it even a possibility to get the Brougham package without the top?

Also, was it possible to get a sunroof on the metal roof cars? Just realized I've never seen that either.

·
Registered
99 Seville STS, 94 Fleetwood Brougham, 02 Escalade
63 Posts
My '94 Brougham was optioned without the vinyl roof. I also like the way it looks without it. The base Fleetwood didn't come with it as standard like the FWB's did where you had to specifically add the delete option.

·
Registered
1979 Sedan deVille d'Elegance
4,153 Posts
Most of the Brougham models I've seen over the years have vinyl tops. The original buyers of the 93-96 big cars were old fogies who obviously thought the vinyl was classy. The delete option for the vinyl top on the Brougham is pretty rare, and I agree that it makes the car look pretty ageless compared to the vinyl which seems to look like such an afterthought on the cars. Just as rare is seeing a standard Fleetwood with the optional vinyl top which looks like the Brougham roof but doesn't have the "Brougham" emblems. Sunroofs were available on all, I know I've seen non-vinyled examples with the factory moonroof.

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,769 Posts
Dave speaks truth. Though I've never personally seen a non-vinyl Astroroof car. I saw a black vinyl delete Fleetwood at WalMart yesterday. I was oggling it from the parking lot, in true car enthusiast fashion and the owner came out, an old bluehaired guy and we chatted for a bit. He was surprised to learn the wagon was mine. He said "I thought all the kids were into that noisy-assed asian shit." I got a laugh. :) It's the first vinyl delete Fleetwood I've seen in the wild.

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've liked the last gen Fleetwood for a long time, but never really thought much about buying one until we got the Roadmaster. I love the way the RM rides and drives, but to be so big there's not as much room in the back seat as I expected there to be. It's also L05 powered. I made the mistake one day of finding a '95 RM on CL up in Cleveland and went and drove it. It had the same 2.56 gear ratio my '92, but with that LT1 it just moved so much better. The L05 isn't s slug by any means, but that LT1 will just walk all over it. It has me wanting a '94-'96 Fleetwood to the point where I've been looking for one to trade the ETC for. But I won't trade for just anything. I know the ETC and how good of a car it is. I would LOVE to have a metal roof Brougham, but I've never actually seen one. The only reason I really want the Brougham package is for the heated and memory seats. Those are two options I've been spoiled by on the ETC.

·
Registered
87 Brougham, 1969 Calais, 95 FWB, 07 SRX, 07 ESV
4,246 Posts

There's a few pics of my 1995 Fleetwood Brougham with a metal top. I love it. I much prefer the metal tops to the vinyl. my 87 has vinyl and it's rusting under it...

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You're really not helping, you know that right?

I found a '95 on CL last night in Atlanta that I'm thinking about going to look at tomorrow when I get off work. It's just the base Fleetwood but it's a metal roof and a rare color combo. Calypso Green with tan leather. The more I look at it, the more I :drool:.

·
Registered
87 Brougham, 1969 Calais, 95 FWB, 07 SRX, 07 ESV
4,246 Posts
lol trust me, the LT1 engine makes these cars so much fun!

I know it's not helping you resist the urge but...why bother resisting? :D

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The resisting comes in knowing that I have to give up my ETC to get one. I've had it a little over two and a half years and am a little attached at this point. It would be nice to have something that's a little cheaper on maintenance though.

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've given up on the thought of that green '95. I got to looking at the pics closer and the interior just isn't up to par. However I started doing some serious digging on CL, since I had nothing else to do at the moment, and I found what I'm looking for, or damn close to it. 1994 FWB vinyl delete with sunroof. Black with grey leather. 139k, "one owner" car. The only thing I don't like is the RR grille on it and it looks like it has Vogue wheels on it. I'd put the original grille back on it and find a set of SS wheels to throw on it and call it done.

·
Registered
68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brgm, 11 CTS Premium (two)
1,732 Posts
Try autotrader dot com. That's where i found my 1996 FWB. Owned by a NC funeral home of all places!

Outsider - that's blasphemous - blackwalls on a Fleetwood!!!!!

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've looked on AT. There's not many Fleetwoods in this area and what there are is either rougher than I want or over priced.

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here's the FWB that has my attention.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts