Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a 93-96 FW red with red interior. Hard to tell if it was light or dark red, as I was driving by it.

I was under the impression they were rare. Car was sharp, didn't pay attention to mirrors to see if it was a 95-96 or 93-94. No vinyl top, had the caprice looking wheels.

Car was in Rockford, Il.

Was it a rare find?

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Yep:cool2:

Did it look like this (only a little less bright red, thanks to my crappy camera:rolleyes: )?:

That's my car, which I always thought was an "oddball" because of it until I did some research and asked Sandy to look it up. Actually, for a little while there, he thought it may have been a "Special 60" version, which were sometimes secretly made as gifts to good dealers--the special version here meaning 30 Cotillion White FWB's and 30 Black one's, each with a unique TRUE red interior, and all with the exact same options list.

Then, came to find out after actually looking at my options code sticker, my car actually just had the "Garnet" interior--something I never originally thought, since the color looks so much darker and more purple on the color chart.

They also made a "Dark Cherry" interior which was a REALLY deep burgundy, and that one seemed more common there for a while.

As is, I've now seen a total of (4) '93s with the "red" Garnet interior and (1) '94, I think, over the past few years.

I love mine and think it is SO much more unique than the commonplace tan or gray, or the hideous blue. And, at this moment, I'm in the process of "looking at":)sneaky: ) ANOTHER '93 with more options than mine that has the red interior, as a possible friend to our current one.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
caddycruiser said:
Actually, for a little while there, he thought it may have been a "Special 60" version, which were sometimes secretly made as gifts to good dealers--the special version here meaning 30 Cotillion White FWB's and 30 Black one's, each with a unique TRUE red interior, and all with the exact same options list.
Were these made each year? Or just one year and if so, what year?

I want a black one!!

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
HotRodSaint said:
Were these made each year? Or just one year and if so, what year?
I want a black one!!
From what Sandy said, it was a largely intermittant, kind of, "when they felt like it" kind of a thing. As far as the Fleetwood went, it seems as though the only time for these "Special 60" White/Black w/Red cars was during the '93 model year--don't know of any others done in '94,'95, or '96.

Want to know something REALLY cool? This "mystery '93 Fleetwood" I'm in the process of looking at and maybe buying is not only low mileage and has a power roof, but it is also SABLE BLACK w/ RED-GARNET leather:bouncy:

Then again, in real life, the "Garnet" I have is SO red as is, I can't imagine how bright the real red might be--I guess like that in this '88 Brougham:

because mine, the Garnet, is just a tad more subdued of a shade (even if it doesn't look so in my pic).

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was about 100 feet away, didn't get the chance to go look closer. I could only see the seats from the back windows, not the dash, the seats looked like the red of your interior (not the dash color, the seat color) and the exterior was more like the 88 Brougham interior you posted. Looked good. Most of the ones I see are Black, or white, or tan but not too many red.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
N0DIH said:
...Most of the ones I see are Black, or white, or tan...
Or god-awful blue which I think would make me puke if I had to look at it everyday when inside the car--yuck!

But yeah, I'd bet on it being the same Garnet I got:cool2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
caddycruiser