Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,hey everyone, I'm a newbie here. Any way I bought a 1993 60 Special about 3 months ago that curently has about 54,800 miles on it. This morning I had my ABS light and Traction Off light come on. A buddy of mine hooked it up to one of his GM diagnostic goodies he has and it gave off a code of 044 Right Front Inlet Valve. Now my question is, what exaclty does this thing do? and how much should I expect to pay to get it fixed?

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Traction control module....... High electronic devices mean only BIG $$$, especailly on older cars.......

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I took Paulie into the dealer today, one dealer I talked to says that the valve is part of the sensor , so we'll see.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it ended up being a BPMU Valve kit, and about $1k. I know it doesn't bother me, but I'd rather see Paulie fixed right.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
I am very new on here, actually joined late last night. I'm in Jersey & have a 93 60 Special. What color & interior do you have? Mine is brand new. It has 9,400 miles on it. As soon as I figure out how (not good on computers) I have photos to post. She's Deep Plum with white leather, padded roof & vogue WWs, her name is "Aubie" short for Aubergine which is eggplant in French. Eggplant is her color. Aubie is garage furniture, and ventures outdoors for 900 miles a year, all between May & September. My wife has never driven her. :cheers:

S A N D Y

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Gee Sandy, that set of wheels sounds pretty cherried out. If you can keep her in the same shape for another 10 years, she'll be in the category of "classic". 5 more years after that, she will be a certified antique. That also sounds like an unusual colour combo. at least up here - we hardly ever see a white interior on a Cad. The last one I saw was on a black ETC with whitewalls. Man, did that car ever look sharp!!!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Looks like a definite "keeper", Sandy. I like the two-tone treatment on the sidewalls - lends an elegant air to the proceedings. If for no other reason, you won't be afraid of meeting yourself around every turn. Most rice-rocket owners can't say that!

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
I value the car way too much, and am afraid to use it, for fear that something bad will happen to it, thusly the 9,400 miles in a decade! For the 940 miles a year I drive it, I worry and drive "white-knuckled" and am too tense & nervious. Parking? he he ha ha - Way out in the lot! 'Ya know the parking spot at the huge mall that nobody will take anytime except Christmas eve? THAT'S the one I park in Tuesday morning at 9:00 AM when it's allready 90 degrees & humid!! Steering Wheel Club, Brake Lok Auto Club, alarm set, kill switch set, doors UNlocked. (No broken glass).

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your viewpoint), I have a handicap plate so there is no issue with door dings in parking lots, etc. The spaces I park in are good and wide.

The only alarm system I have is the one from the factory. That, and a large dog. And a garage. And a trigger finger,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
6 Participants
Frost