Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Seville SLS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen...

New here, but been lurking for awhile... Just picked up a '93 Seville SLS with the 4.9 on the cheap.

Love it, but it has some electrical gremlins... PO told me he thinks there's a bad ground somewhere.
Here are a few symptoms:

Issues with gauge and info cluster and radio display... Suddenly, in the morning when I go out and
fire it up... nothin'. 20 minutes later, ding, everything turns on and it's fine the rest of the day.

Also, the "SERVICE S.I.R." message is ever present. I went into the diagnostics mode and it's indicating
"NO SIR DATA."

Could this all be due to a bad gauge cluster or maybe a system component? Difficult to DIY replace?
I checked every fuse I could find... Anything else maybe I should look for under the hood?

Any insight would be helpful... Love the ride.

Thanx................... M.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,270 Posts
Gentlemen...

New here, but been lurking for awhile... Just picked up a '93 Seville SLS with the 4.9 on the cheap.

Love it, but it has some electrical gremlins... PO told me he thinks there's a bad ground somewhere.
Here are a few symptoms:

Issues with gauge and info cluster and radio display... Suddenly, in the morning when I go out and
fire it up... nothin'. 20 minutes later, ding, everything turns on and it's fine the rest of the day.

Also, the "SERVICE S.I.R." message is ever present. I went into the diagnostics mode and it's indicating
"NO SIR DATA."

Could this all be due to a bad gauge cluster or maybe a system component? Difficult to DIY replace?
I checked every fuse I could find... Anything else maybe I should look for under the hood?

Any insight would be helpful... Love the ride.

Thanx................... M.
=================
I agree with your "bad ground" diagnosis -
WHERE the grounds are is the big problem -

I suggest obtain9ing the FSM - Factory Service Manual -
it is a 2-volume set - and YES - you need both books -

I found a set on ebay for $30 - OR OFFER - including shipping -
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1993-Cadillac-Eldorado-Seville-Service-Manual-Vol-1-2-Powertrain-Chassis-Body-/161626146493?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25a1ab46bd

offer $20 - with shipping -
and settle on $25 -

it will be the BEST money you'll ever spend -

1 - 2 of 2 Posts