Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, 92 STS with the thermostat. A/C is out on the car, has a leak and needs to be fixed and re-filled. What Im finding out is that with no refrigrant in the A/C system the heat blows like crap. It's only blowing out from the foot area, not the top vents. Can this be fixed? Normal? Hate to sink alot of money into it fixing the A/C system for the sole purpose of using the heat properly

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
why does it tell me I have "very low refrigirant" and then "A/C compressor off" when I run the heat?

So your saying that no matter what the only air that comes out of the top vents will be A/C or regular vent air? All Heat comes out the bottom? THAT SUCKS !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if i remember correctly, the a/c leaks at the evaporator too, which makes sense why it throws that "problem error".

just seems like it takes a long time for your body to get warm in the car. When it only blows out the bottom.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ranger said:
Most likely because you are requesting heat in the AUTO mode. In the AUTO mode the A/C compressor is enabled anytime the ambient air temp is above about 35 degrees. Use the ECON mode or A/C OFF (not sure how your car is configured) and you won't get the Low Refrigerent message.

At some point the Seville was given the MODE button wich allows you to choose the air distribution mode such as bi-level, vent, floor or floor and windshield. Obviously that must have come after '92.
I dont have a mode button. Whats strange is I am requesting the heat in the ECON mode. I have the fan set on HI not HI AUTO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.