Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
89,269 Posts
92_STS said:
why does it tell me I have "very low refrigirant" and then "A/C compressor off" when I run the heat?

So your saying that no matter what the only air that comes out of the top vents will be A/C or regular vent air? All Heat comes out the bottom? THAT SUCKS !
Most likely because you are requesting heat in the AUTO mode. In the AUTO mode the A/C compressor is enabled anytime the ambient air temp is above about 35 degrees. Use the ECON mode or A/C OFF (not sure how your car is configured) and you won't get the Low Refrigerent message.

At some point the Seville was given the MODE button wich allows you to choose the air distribution mode such as bi-level, vent, floor or floor and windshield. Obviously that must have come after '92.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
89,269 Posts
Hmm, then maybe the LOW REFRIGERANT message must come on independently of whether the A/C is requested or not. At any rate, as Tex said the ACM commands where heat comes from and without the MODE button, heat comes from the floor and A/C comes from the vents. Sounds like it is operating as designed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.