Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello peeps, I'm having a problem with my heat, it's been going on since last winter but I dealt with it but I can't do it this year, Chi-town winters are no joke!!!! Anyway I cannot get any heat to blow thru the vents, I understand that at about 78 degrees it only blows thru the top of the dashboard/winshield, but it seems as though nothing comes out. I put my hand up and I could feel maybe a "whisper" of heat on the passenger side, but not like before. Someone help a 'brotha out! thanks. Also too, I my A/C is not working, it comes on and air comes thru the vents but about 20 sec. later it switches to "ECON" and it says "AC Compressor Low" but someone told me I just need it recharged. Is that right? Thanks a lot peeps.

Oh yeah back to the heat problem, if this helps, air blows from back seat vents but it doesn't get hot, at best you can say it's lukewarm.

·
Registered
15 Posts
spmack said:
Hello peeps, I'm having a problem with my heat, it's been going on since last winter but I dealt with it but I can't do it this year, Chi-town winters are no joke!!!! Anyway I cannot get any heat to blow thru the vents, I understand that at about 78 degrees it only blows thru the top of the dashboard/winshield, but it seems as though nothing comes out. I put my hand up and I could feel maybe a "whisper" of heat on the passenger side, but not like before. Someone help a 'brotha out! thanks. Also too, I my A/C is not working, it comes on and air comes thru the vents but about 20 sec. later it switches to "ECON" and it says "AC Compressor Low" but someone told me I just need it recharged. Is that right? Thanks a lot peeps.

Oh yeah back to the heat problem, if this helps, air blows from back seat vents but it doesn't get hot, at best you can say it's lukewarm.
Vacuum is used to operate the vent doors. It is also used to open the heater core shutoff valve. You have a vacuum leak to the dash. Check vacuum hoses under the hood.

Keith

1 - 2 of 2 Posts