Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 92 Seville that has 20" wheels ,an Erebruni full body kit,and lowering springs in the front. I have set up the rear so I can manually raise or lower the it to the height I want. However, I am having a problem getting the rear at the same height as the front. It turns out that even if I drop the rear airstruts to 20 psi I still have the rear of the car about an 1.5 inches higher than where I want it to be. The 92 has a rear monoleaf spring which is keeping the car from going any lower. Does anyone know or has anyone ever flipped the rear monoleaf on a 92? I know how to take it out...I just don't know if I can put it in upside down.Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
520 Posts
wrolinfat said:
I have a 92 Seville that has 20" wheels ,an Erebruni full body kit,and lowering springs in the front. I have set up the rear so I can manually raise or lower the it to the height I want. However, I am having a problem getting the rear at the same height as the front. It turns out that even if I drop the rear airstruts to 20 psi I still have the rear of the car about an 1.5 inches higher than where I want it to be. The 92 has a rear monoleaf spring which is keeping the car from going any lower. Does anyone know or has anyone ever flipped the rear monoleaf on a 92? I know how to take it out...I just don't know if I can put it in upside down.Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I'm thinking of this from the old days of coil-over conversions on 4x4's. Since it mounts in the center between 2 plates and arches out and downward to mount with the control arms, if you manage to flip it and get the center back mounted without getting killed won't it raise the car ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It shouldn't. The end of the spring actually sits on top of the the left and right control arm.The spring arches downward which is what applies pressure to the control arm,keeping at the height that it is sitting at.I'm just not sure how much of an arch the spring has to it.It's possible that it may have too much arch and just slam the car in the weeds if I flip it.I am going to call a couple of places that actually manufacture custom springs to the specs you tell them and see if they can make one for my car...........But,I'dd rather save money if I can just flip the one that I have.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wrolinfat said:
Figured it out...the rear monoleaf is made of a composite material and cannot be flipped. However, there is a "ride hight adjustment spacer (optional)" that sits between the mono leaf and each control arm. it took about an hour to pop both of those things out and the car went down about another inch in the back! Now it definitely looks full pimpin'. :coolgleam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
wrolinfat