Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 92 seville for about 4 years know, and i love it. theres a few problem that just stump me. First I have the same problem as someone else on here with the seat tilt not adjusting. Also the heater and the ac don't want to work all the time. It seems that they work when ever i don't really need them. This makes for a real big problem with the summer heat and the winter cold. If anyone might have some ideas that might lead me in a good direction, I would be very grateful. Thanks Chance

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
HVAC problems..... Does the display go out, or does the heater/ac simply refuse to cool or heat.....?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
vanaisa said:
First things first - you need check trouble codes, then we can help you more...
How to check codes ;)
These Are the codes that came up when I put it in diagnostic mode
code E 030 History
code E 098 History
no ipc codes
no acp codes
no sin codes
ECM?

Thats all it showed. I'm not really sure if this what you wanted me to get. Thanks for the quick response. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
elwesso said:
HVAC problems..... Does the display go out, or does the heater/ac simply refuse to cool or heat.....?
Hello, the display works fine. Its just that its to the point where the heater nor the ac will kick on at all. The display reads outside temp and I can adjust the settings, just no response from the blowers. Thanks Chance

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Oh ok..... So your blower is shot.......

This HAS been covered, and its probably the fan (duh) or the relay..... I cant remember how you test either but its been covered......

Goto the links section in the lounge and lookup what those codes mean...... (thats exactly what we needed) Then we can figure out how we need to address each one........

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
elwesso said:
Oh ok..... So your blower is shot.......

This HAS been covered, and its probably the fan (duh) or the relay..... I cant remember how you test either but its been covered......

Goto the links section in the lounge and lookup what those codes mean...... (thats exactly what we needed) Then we can figure out how we need to address each one........
Just so we are clear on this, the blower will kick on every once in awhile. When I went to the dealer they told me it was the computer thing and it would run me around $700. But for some reason I don't believe that is the problem. I could be wrong though. I went and tried to look up the codes and this is what i got.
E030 code: ISC RPM out of range.
E098 code: High RPM p/n to d/r shift under ISC
Not sure what this means or if it helps me at all. Thanks Chance

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Well it looks as if you ISC (Idle speed control) is somehow messed up..... It thinks you idle is too high....... Pretty easy to fix.....

For the blower thing, Id do a search for something like blower motor or blower relay.......

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
elwesso said:
Well it looks as if you ISC (Idle speed control) is somehow messed up..... It thinks you idle is too high....... Pretty easy to fix.....

For the blower thing, Id do a search for something like blower motor or blower relay.......
Ok, I did some research on the relay for the blower. I came up with that it has a module for the blower that very well could be my problem with the blower turning on and off. Also I'm not quite sure how to adjust the idle so the code does'nt say that it is idling to high though. If you could help me to figure this problem out you would be the best help I've had in a long time. Thanks again, Chance

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
I just replaced one on a 95 Chevy, I think it's the same style blower...When it is not working (and it should be) tap the blower with a screwdriver handle. If it starts it is a bad motor. Put in a new one.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Chance said:
Ok, I did some research on the relay for the blower. I came up with that it has a module for the blower that very well could be my problem with the blower turning on and off. Also I'm not quite sure how to adjust the idle so the code does'nt say that it is idling to high though. If you could help me to figure this problem out you would be the best help I've had in a long time. Thanks again, Chance
Idle im not sure of...... I cant point you exactly where the idle speed adjustment screw is, but its probably near the TB or ISC..... Im not sure......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
4 Participants
elwesso