Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, My freshly bought Seville ('92 with the 4.9l HT engine) has developed a weird problem : engine runs fine but when I put the headlights on or touch anything electric, the RPM gets significantly lower and the engine doesn't rev smoothly anymore. Also the dash's VFD panel gets dimmer when I put the brake on. The battery is brand new and reads 14v on the dash. I also cleaned the fuse box's contacts with no success.
Any opinion?
Regards,
Joel

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
When I bought the car it had a bunch of codes that came:
e031 H Shorted MAP sensor signal
e052 H PCM memory reset
e091 H PRNDL Switch problem
I033 H Loss of Supplemental Inflatable Restraint Data
I039 C Loss of Road Sensing Suspension Data
I052 H Keep Alive Memory Error
A047 C Low Refrigerant Charge
A015 H Sun Load Sensor Circuit
R021 H Driver Initiator Circuit Resistance High
R034 H Dual Pole Arming Sensor Ignition Feed Open

I cleared all the codes and now the AC works again. The original battery was shot so it has been replaced.

We worked on it a bit today. We found the side white lights that come with turn signals were missing bulbs (maybe some local regulation thing) and in the rear right tail light one bulb was a single filament bulb instead of a dual filament one causing a short. The dash does nor dim anymore with turn or stop signals. It still hiccups with headlights on though. I have 14.2V at the alternator but only 13.6 going to the big red wire on the fuse box.

EDIT:
I came back to see if codes had popped again and these showed up:
E031 H Shorted MAP sensor signal
E052 H PCM memory reset (my father fussed in the fuse box...)
I022 H Panel Dimming Switch Pot Circuit (I forgot it on ON while leaving the car at first, did that trigger a code?! We touched a lot of lights bulbs too)
I039 C Loss of Road Sensing Suspension Data
There's definitively something with the MAP sensor as the code comes back, the car's exhaust stinks and it failed emissions...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
basscatt