Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 Seville, this a.m. the blower would't turn off. Press the off button in climate control, still on. Disconnected battery, then reconnected - still running. Changed a/c relay with horn relay, still runs. Every time I start the car, the climate control is in "auto" mode, even if it's in "off" when I turn the car off. Ended up putting a switch on the single wire to the blower control wire so my wife doesn't have to keep unhooking the battery. Is the problem the blower control? I'm hesitant to spend $120 -$150 for a new one if I'm missing something simple. The 2 local Caddy dealers service people each said they'd never run into this. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
tbobola said:
I have a 92 Seville, this a.m. the blower would't turn off. Press the off button in climate control, still on. Disconnected battery, then reconnected - still running. Changed a/c relay with horn relay, still runs. Every time I start the car, the climate control is in "auto" mode, even if it's in "off" when I turn the car off. Ended up putting a switch on the single wire to the blower control wire so my wife doesn't have to keep unhooking the battery. Is the problem the blower control? I'm hesitant to spend $120 -$150 for a new one if I'm missing something simple. The 2 local Caddy dealers service people each said they'd never run into this. Any help would be appreciated.
I had the same problem with my '93 Seville. The problem was the blower controller. The part was called an "A.T.C. Power Module/Relay" at the local AutoZone. They had to order the part (Factory Air #35953). Good news is it was only $76.99, but most of the parts salesmen I talked to didn't know what I was looking for. The part number shown above is good for Sevilles from 1986 to 1993, so I hope it helps you. Before spending the money, check your old atc module. It's located under the hood, in the blower's air ducting. You can't miss it. You've got two wire harnesses plugging into it. Measure the resistance between the two largest wires (I think the passenger side is red, driver side is purple). You should get a very, very high resistance value, if you don't...replace the module. I hope this info helps you.

·
Registered
seville
1 Posts
my seville is a 1993 and i just replaced the item Factory Air Automatic Temperature Control Module - 35953 but my car is still doing the same thing
the blow won't turn off can't adjust the heat temp or turn it off? did i miss something?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts