Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i'm trying to replace the passenger side half shaft. i go and get one from the parts store and try to install it. problems start there. the new shaft will not lock into place in the transmission - it just slides right back out. back it goes. i then proceed to a different chain store and get another shaft. lo and behold it locks into place but come to find out that it's too damn long by a half inch or so making the ball joint bolts misaligned with the arm it attaches to. that one goes back and they order me a new one. new one comes and it's the right length but it won't lock into place (ala the first replacement). i've now dealt with 4 replacement shafts all of which were bogus. 2 were too long and the other 2 that were the right length wouldn't lock. anybody got any suggestions that might solve my problems?

ps - for the record the two chains involved were autozone and oreillys. i'd try advance but they would sell me the same part as oreilly. this is really starting to piss me off and i'm getting sick of borrowing my mommy's 96 taurus wagon if you know what i mean.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts