Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend and i pulled up next to a 1996 STS (dark red, beige cloth top) at a 2 lane left turn lane, so i look over at him and nod accordingly, he does the same back, so the light turns green, we both drive slowly and carefully thru the turn and when i complete the turn, i'm about right next to this STS, and i nail the gas, hes a little bit behind me, he does the same and inches closer and closer to me, and after a couple of seconds he inches past me. This is from about 20-55 mph. I have to say, these 4.9s are pretty quick. But i realize if this was a real race off the line, i would have been farther behind.

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
Yeah I'll buy it. Off the line you'll have more of an advantage, you make more low end torque. Anything over about 65 and a northstar will completely walk a 4.9 (unless maybe it's in a Fiero.)

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this really surprised me! I read somewhere that the 4.9 and N* are about the same until 30, then the N* will slowly inch away, which is exactly what happened!

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this really surprised me! I read somewhere that the 4.9 and N* are about the same until 30, then the N* will slowly inch away, which is exactly what happened!
It was really cool almost keeping up with a car with 100 hp more than i have!

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this really surprised me! I read somewhere that the 4.9 and N* are about the same until 30, then the N* will slowly inch away, which is exactly what happened!:cool:
It was really cool almost keeping up with a car with 100 hp more than i have!:sneaky:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts