Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1971 Coupe DeVille , 1992 Sedan DeVille
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Happy New Years Guys !

Well I solved my past issues of code E41. I replaced the hall effect/cam switch , ignition module & ISC motor myself. Car runs great now ! My newest issues are a brake leak (my mechanic checked all lines and says its the master cylinder thats the culprit) and the top engine oil cooler line is leaking onto the exhaust pipe (which he says can start a fire !). As far as the master cylinder which one do i get for my car? I looked up master cylinder for the year and model of my caddy and 6 types came up. I need to know which version to get (anyone have a part # for this?). I also need to know where to get the oil cooler line, the top one that connects to the radiator. Im trying to solve these issues ASAP ! Thanks for all the continuous help guys !

·
Registered
1993 Coupe Deville, 2009 XLR-V 1 of 6 Crystal Red
2,484 Posts
Have you looked at amazon or rockauto.com for those parts? If you are changing the master cylinder, then you need to look up the code for your brake system.

Just checked and Amazon has the better price on the hoses.

·
Registered
1971 Coupe DeVille , 1992 Sedan DeVille
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dennis, I solved the master cylinder issue. I have the JM4 system I looked at the service parts sticker on my spare tire cover. As for the hose. Rockauto is where I went, they seem to be the only place I could find both the inlet and outlet hoses both from ACDelco. Im really hoping its the hose and not the oil cooler that is going bad. As of now the outlet hose (top hose from what the diagram in my FSM shows) leaks onto the exhaust pipe causing it to smoke heavily. I wont drive my car until the new hose is put on. Im not risking having my engine set on fire because of a faulty $25 hose. I will keep you guys posted. Thanks again Dennis.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts