Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Cadillac Brougham 5.7L
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Can anyone please tell me what spec my timing has to be set to (1992 5.7L 350 L05)??

Also, I heard that my car has a self-adjusting idle. What is that and can I still adjsut mi idle manually since I feel that the car can idle better than it does now...

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
It says what the timing has to be set at on a sticker under the hood. There's a plug that you have to unplug when you check it. I don't know about the idle. I think on that sticker it says the car adjusts it automatically so if it's not idling right it probably means there's something wrong.

·
Registered
94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)
3,730 Posts
It's quite easy. Look at the large wiring bundle that runs infront of the heater box. It's at least an inch wide. Very big! There should be a tan and black wire that breaks out of it, goes through a small connector, then re-enters the harness. Turn the car off, unplug this connector, then set the timing to 0 degrees. That's right, 0 degrees. Shut car off, re-plug connector, and fire it back up.

Brian

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
As for your idle, setting the timing properly will allow the computer to maintain the best idle. Don't try to change it without settting the timing first.

Brian

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
Does this car have the "Idle Learn Proceedure" like the HT4900 does?

Basically you start it, when warm, idle in D for 1min, AC off.
Idle in D for 1 min AC on

I think that was the main part, there was more detail to go in if there was problems or it isn't in spec.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
My service manual was pretty vague about it, all it did was told me to follow the emissions sticker instructions to a T. I did, worked great.

Brian

·
Registered
92 Brougham d'Elegance(Dark Maple Metallic)
46 Posts
information right when i need it! :).Had intake gaskets replaced and was experiencing some valve tap under acceleration.This fixed it right up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts