Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I've finished restoring a 92 ETC. I replaced the instrument cluster which was malfunctioning (the infamous circuit-800 problem and it was beyond my patience to repair), with a digital cluster from a 92 Seville. Now everything works perfectly. EXCEPT that I'm getting code 82 - Service Ride Control.

The analog cluster never displayed this message and upon examining under the hood, I found two wires laying disconnected by each strut brace - So I'm assuming the car had "regular" shocks or struts put in instead of the fancy computer-controlled ones. But you'd think the old cluster would show that message anyway, so maybe the car itself never had the computer ride system option to begin with... or the digital cluster I bought was pulled from a car that had that option.

Is there a way to put a terminator or jumper or something on those two wires so the code 82 doesn't show up anymore and the digital cluster thinks that the ride system is okay?

·
Registered
Cadillac
12 Posts
I had that problem after my h2o pump was serviced. look under the car and see if the bottom of the struts have a small linkage attached to the frame. this tells ride control when and how quickly the wheels are moving so the struts can be adjusted. As I recall there are small BB like particles in suspension in the strut oil and there are electro magnets that turn on and off thereby effecting the stiffness of the strut. If you have non standard struts then, you may have to try something else.

Steve
2000 STS

1 - 2 of 2 Posts