Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Eldorado
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice car in every way except it doesn't have any cupholders. Been looking to resolve this since I bought the car 3 months ago. The aftermarket gadgets I've tried just aren't any good and the part is obsolete at Cadillac dealers. I see tonight an entire console lid with cupholder that appears to be both in excellent condition and my light blue color leather for $40 on eBay. The seller claims it fits "1992-1997 CADILLAC STS SLS ELDORADO". While my understanding is the 1992-1997 part is correct, is it true that the same part will fit all these models? While I'd probably trust the sellers answer, I thought I'd check here first.

Thanks.

·
Registered
92 Eldorado Touring Coupe
77 Posts
It should fit as I do believe the consoles are the same.

But, before you jump, consider this..........If your lumbar controls are going to end up below the cup holders, you may want to reconsider. Cup condensation would drip onto the switches and probably short them out.

One solution I saw was flip up holders bolted to the console on the passenger side. There when you want them, not there when you don't need them. Look at boat cup holders. They tend to be stronger, but more expensive.

Just my humble opinion.......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts