Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1977, 1992
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One more time: If the battery is new, the alternator is new, both were tested on and off the car and test OK, what would cause the car to still run off the battery until it is discharged? This started, of course, with the last battery slowly dying and a new one installed. Then the new one went dead and the alternator was replaced. Now, no charge.

·
Registered
´67 Eldorado, ´96 Eldorado
522 Posts
It can caused by short somewhere...or one or more accessories discharge battery....
If you drive, does battery "idiot light" come on?
If yes, then you have open in wiring (or VERY bad connection somewhere in alternator wiring)

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
vanaisa said:
It can caused by short somewhere...or one or more accessories discharge battery....
If you drive, does battery "idiot light" come on?
If yes, then you have open in wiring (or VERY bad connection somewhere in alternator wiring)
Is there an aftermarket headunit in. That might be draining the power if it is installed improperly. Lights might be on, trunk light, underhood light, interior lights etc.........

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey-- I am having the SAME exact problem with a '93 SLS.. I took it to the garage about 30 mins. ago.. They are going to test the alternator.. [[I had the alternator tested at autozone, but their test doesn't factor in normal driving conditions, or a load. I will tell you what I find. Please e-mail me at [email protected]
I will reply in what they find. Also, it could be a bad connection somewhere. Good luck
-Eric

1 - 4 of 4 Posts