Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just tried horn and found out that it doesn't work. Where is the relay located in the '92 eldorado
Thanks, this forum is fantastic!!! I have fixed several problems just by scrolling and reading
Michael

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Re: '92 Eldorado Horn rely

Its probably in the underhood fuse compartment........

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Re: '92 Eldorado Horn rely

To be honest, I'd have to look it up. Follow the "clicking" noise and it should lead you right to it. As I said though, if you're hearing the relay click, it's probably ok and the problem is elsewhere.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
relay is fine...still no horn???

Replaced relay with one from another eldorado that horn worked..no horn in mine. Put my relay in other eldo and horn sounded! Any ideas?

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Re: relay is fine...still no horn???

Like I said, if you're hearing the "click" it pretty nuch proves the system is ok down to the relay. Now you need to find the horns in the front end and make sure they're hooked up. I've found horns disconnected many times after having bodywork done. It's even possible that they're just burned out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
'92 Eldorado Horns

Well, I replaced the horns today and they sound GREAT!!! I would say it is a design flaw though to have the horns facing toward the bottom & front of the car as they are. Mine were full of rust! Most likley from water and such splashing into them! Tested alarm system and the horns just blared. Should they also sound if you lock with remote?
Thanks for the advice,
Michael Harding
Sarasota, FL

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: '92 Eldorado Horns

Katshot said:
Congrats Mike. The horn honk with door locking can be "programmed" out if you prefer. I think the procedure is in the owner's manual actually.
Thanks Katshot! I would prefer to program it back in as mine doesn't honk when I hit the key fob.

This forum is fantastic!!!! Saves a lot of money and time just by searching rather than going to dealership

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: relay is fine...still no horn???

Mharding said:
Replaced relay with one from another eldorado that horn worked..no horn in mine. Put my relay in other eldo and horn sounded! Any ideas?
I just posted a similar thread and then saw your problem. You replaced the relay? Where was it and do you have a part number. I hear no clicks and the horn is good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
4 Participants
MartyK