Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 Eldorado that I'm trying to fix a couple problems. The right side of the deck mounted brake light doesn't work. The trunk light doesn't work and the trunk pull down doesn't work. I've replaced the bulbs, checked the fuses, and nothing. Could all this be related, and either way, where should I look next ?
Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
vanaisa said:
those wires are in trunk - IMO short somewhere.
Short should take a fuse. Look for pinched wire, (broken) or a bad ground. 1/2 of brake light doesn't sound like a ground problem tho.

Trace back on the wires till you find power. The open will be between your last two test points. Good Luck, they can be a bear. bf

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
bob2231 said:
I have a 92 Eldorado that I'm trying to fix a couple problems. The right side of the deck mounted brake light doesn't work. The trunk light doesn't work and the trunk pull down doesn't work. I've replaced the bulbs, checked the fuses, and nothing. Could all this be related, and either way, where should I look next ?
Thanks
I had the same problem your having with the trunk not pulling down. I ended up tearing the whole pulldown assembly apart and it was a simple connection problem the wires weren't connected

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll look some over the weekend, at least I have a couple things to look for. Thanks.
Gee, I hate electrical problems.

·
Registered
69 Posts
On the trunk pulldown check all the connectinons. It may end up being the switch located right nxt to the latch. You can order a new latch from GM for like 15 to 20 dollars. I got mine at dealer cost for 11. Also on the brake light, That is usually not able to be fixed. Only a third of mine worked, so I unpluged it.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Eldorado?

Not quite sure why the Eldo would have a upper 3rd brakelight. Anyways...they are repairable with some effort.

Attached is an example of a repair. This is actually a brand new lamp being repaired...replaced a bad LED and installed a new pigtail. Look close and you can see new plastics being used. Plastics are really the only material that can take the heat and cold. We have rebuilts available.

http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/3768672/1065282089762_repair.jpg

Logan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
Logandiagnostic