Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2008 SRX V6 AWD
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! My first post! Woohoo! :D

I've always loved Cadillacs, so I think I'll stick around here, even though I don't own one.... YET!!

Anyway....

I've been looking at a 92 Eldorado that's for sale locally.
Seems like it's in nice shape, although I have not had a chance to look at it in person yet.
The current owner of the car says that there is some electrical problem with it that kills the battery every 3-4 days.
He also mentioned that when he shuts the car off, the radio, power windows, etc. all still function. Now I know on some newer cars that they're supposed to do that.
Is a 92 Eldorado supposed to do that?
If not, then sounds like the problem with the car is as simple as an ignition switch. If it is, then it could be a bugger finding the problem.

Thanks in advance for any answers, and keep this good site going!
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
520 Posts
OctaneZ28 said:
Hi everyone! My first post! Woohoo! :D

I've always loved Cadillacs, so I think I'll stick around here, even though I don't own one.... YET!!

Anyway....

I've been looking at a 92 Eldorado that's for sale locally.
Seems like it's in nice shape, although I have not had a chance to look at it in person yet.
The current owner of the car says that there is some electrical problem with it that kills the battery every 3-4 days.
He also mentioned that when he shuts the car off, the radio, power windows, etc. all still function. Now I know on some newer cars that they're supposed to do that.
Is a 92 Eldorado supposed to do that?
If not, then sounds like the problem with the car is as simple as an ignition switch. If it is, then it could be a bugger finding the problem.

Thanks in advance for any answers, and keep this good site going!
:thumbsup:
Hi
I have a 92 Eldorado myself. A few people here do in fact. As for your power drain, I guess just check the normal things. Trunk light staing on, glove box light, lights in the vanity mirrirs aren't likely causing it, but they're there. Anything that isn't shutting off when it should will drain the battery over time. It could also be a short somewhere, a bad battery, battery ground, or alternator. Electrical problems suck, but they're fixable. You just might need help in finding it. Good luck with that.
Now as for the accessories staying on after shutting off the car. That's normal. The windows, radio, wipers etc. will still work for a few mins, or until you open the door. I had that on my '87 Eldo too and I liked it.
If the car's nice, and most important, if you like it, don't let the battery problem scare you off. My 92 needed a few things when I got it, and still needs a few. But I love the car.
Just think about it anddecide what's right for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts