Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My drivers side electric door lock dont work, i can hear it click, but nothing happens.. all the other locks open. i took the door panel off and loocked at the kinkage and nothing look broken....

any ideas???

thanks
chaz.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Did you operate the lock with the panel off? Does it click and not move when you look in there? It could be broken internally so it sounds like it works but nothing moves!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
P.P. said:
Did you operate the lock with the panel off? Does it click and not move when you look in there? It could be broken internally so it sounds like it works but nothing moves!
I sure did... What part is broke internally? that way i can call cadillac and ask for a new part..
thanks
chaz.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I do not know....'Cause I'm not there. You'll have to take it apart and look.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
P.P. said:
I do not know....'Cause I'm not there. You'll have to take it apart and look.
Oh! i thought you knew what part might be broke... there is a black box that both linkages goto... ill have to call caddie...
thanks
chaz.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
There's only a lock actuator and linkage. If the actuator is moving in and out (maybe the noise you heard), but the door doesn't lock/unlock, the linkage could be the problem. Can you "manually" move the linkage and lock/unlock the door? If you move the linkage and the door still doesn't unlock, it's most likely the latch ass'y itself. Of course all of this is assuming that the linkage is intact.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
theslider said:
When you had the door panel off and hit the lock/unlock button did any of your rods move??? mine dont, just can hear a click. ill check out what you said... thanks...
chaz.
Yes, i can move them manually, and it will open and lock the door. the linkages seem ok.... i cant pinpoint where i hear the clicking in the door, my head isnt small enuff to hit inside the door, but there IS a clicking noice.. maybe the actuator is internal broken.. SO i need an acuator, maybe...?

chaz.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
As long as the actuator is still connected to the linkage, yeah, it probably needs an actuator. But it could also be a bad connection which would maybe allow the actuator to "click" but not really move.

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
"When you had the door panel off and hit the lock/unlock button did any of your rods move??? mine dont, just can hear a click. ill check out what you said... thanks...
chaz."

yes all it would do is click , because that rubber joint split that joins the actuator to a plastic rod (all still in the actuator assembly), i need to get those pictures up .....

·
Registered
57 Posts
"I've posted this at GMForums and caddyinfo.com and never has one person made a reply. First I asked where the door sensor was. No reply. Also asked how the door actuator is held in/removed for a 92+ Eldorado. Again no reply.

I had a problem where everything stayed on because the car thought the door was open no matter what. The driver side power lock also wouldn't work. I found out that the actuator is actually moving it's body instead of the pole connected to the lock. That is the problem. Also the sensor is what the upper cable on the actuator is for. I removed it today and the alarm went off.

If anyone has any information on the installation of the actuator this would help me greatly. Does anyone think a Chilton's manual would have this information?

If I hold down the box the actuator opens the lock properly."

Is there any easy way to fix this or do I buy a whole new actuator? Plus I still don't know how to remove or add the darn thing...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Katshot said:
As long as the actuator is still connected to the linkage, yeah, it probably needs an actuator. But it could also be a bad connection which would maybe allow the actuator to "click" but not really move.
Electrical connection or linkage connection??? the linkage seems firm...

thanks chaz.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah well I'm poor right now and trying to save money. A zip tie from the top of it to the corner (going diagonal) managed to snag and stay put. Let's see everything that's been fixed by this.

Interior lights that would stay on.
Unlock in park/lock in drive function.
Remote door lock.
Driver side power lock function.
Battery draining/in general lower voltage during driving.
Radio that sometimes wouldn't turn off when exiting vehicle.

There are probably more things I've been living with and forgot to mention. This thing can cause a whole hell of a lot of problems...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts