Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all would appreciate some help with this one...when i start up my caddy i can hear this hissing noise coming from just under the steering wheel...today i found where it was coming from...there are 2 plastic tubes (look like regular wires at first glance) and they are held side by side by a plastic fitting on the end. One of these tubes is pink and the other is purple...the purple one seems to be some kind of suction line which is where the noise is coming from (seal off the end with my finger..noise stops cuz the tube cant suck air in anymore). the pink tube leads to this metal canister looking thing pretty much behind the parking brake...i was hoping if someone here knew where the 2 tubes connect and really what theyre for because i taped off the end of the line temporarily for one because the hissing sound is annoying and secondly (but less so) to maybe help me find out what the suction line is for..and if it would cause another problem somewhere else....thanks for any input.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Fleetwood
24 Posts
They are probably from the automatic parking brake release. Look to the right of the parking brake pedal and I bet you will find where that goes!

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,987 Posts
Having them disconnected will inop the automatic parking brake release. If it is left unplugged and drawing vacuum, the HVAC system will default to defrost and the engine will have a vacuum leak.

·
Registered
Cadillac
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright..i spoke too soon...i found where the pink line comes from (the canister beside the parking brake) however i was unable to find where to connect the two purple and pink lines...anywhere specific to look...or if it isnt too much trouble perhaps a picture or diagram? thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
86,987 Posts
Without a '92 FSM (sold mine several years ago) I have no idea.

·
Registered
Cadillac
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
unfortunately for me the Haynes service manual does not have a section about this either..hopefully someone will be able to help me

·
Super Moderator
86,987 Posts
That's why we always say reserve Haynes & Chilton's for the bottom of the bird cage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts