Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was pulling some parts out of a 92 Deville at a junkyard when I noticed it has a "Delco Bose Gold CD Player" in it. My 92 Deville has the plain old cassette.

My question is, can I pull the Bose CD player and do a swap onto my own Deville (non-Bose)? Will it be an easy swap?

Unfortunately the doors are already gone off the junkyard one so I can't pull the speakers too.

Thanks in advance

FuzzyH

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
You would have to get the amps that go with it in order to make it work and unfortunatly they are attached to the speakers. The Bose head unit does not have an internal amp.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
It is not that hard to rewire the non bose headunit with an aftermarket cd player. It is the Bose unit that is the PITA. Also, you might be able to find another GM cd player out of a Blazer, camaro, caprice etc etc that might fit, but I am not sure about the connections.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yes you can switch the head unit with the Bose. The actual bose unit is in the trunk. The control head is what you see in the dash. The only thing is that you will not have a true bose sound as the amps, speakers and receiver box are still in the junker. But if your looking for a CD go for it. But be warned that they are very unreliable and it may not work. They all go bad eventually.

DanDan

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
The Bose head unit goes directly to the amps, which are mounted on the speakers. The only box in the trunk is where the antenna hooks up and then goes to the head unit. You cannot make something Bose work unless you have everything else that is Bose.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Sorry J you are correct. I just reread the post and thought it was a Seville that was inquired about. The vehicle in question is the Deville. Not the same beast. I apologize.

DanDan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
DanDan