Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I just got a 92 deville with the bose gold series sound system in it. It didnt have a radio so I bought an Alpine cd player and had it put in. After it was installed I releaized that all the speakers are blown except for the back driver side. Now because this car has the bose speakers is it possible to replace them with aftermarket speakers or is there some sort of special thing I have to do?

Thanks,
Andrew
1992 Cadillac Deville

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
To use an aftermarket deck you have to pull out the entire system if its Bose. Im surprised it worked at all just throwing an aftermarket deck in there.

·
Registered
Cadillac
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah after reading about this Bose system im surprised it worked also. Although I had a shop put it in. Can I just get the bose speakers repaired for find new ones and be able to just hook them back up?

Thanks

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Repairing those is $$$ and usually repair only applies to the amplifier, not the cone, See if you can find the replacements on ebay if you want to go that route.

·
Registered
1993 Cadillac deville sedan 1986 cadillac deville RIP
1,498 Posts
i would throw some after market speakers in there and rewire just the the speakers . to fix the bose would cost a lot but its your choice

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
get some 4 inch speakers
there is a person on ebay who makes an adapter plate to mount a 4 inch speaker in to the bose boxes

·
Registered
Cadillac
24 Posts
I would put quality aftermarket drivers in if possible. Bose is not known for producing high quality drivers and it would be easy to best the OE. What size are your drivers?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts