Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this car over the weekend for my wife. Everything checked out great and it runs great, but after about 200 miles of driving one day a mess. in the D.I.C. came up showing "Check CCR System". I see that it's the computer command ride. What now? Is that an indication that the air shocks are failing? I can hear the compressor kick on when the car is started and shuts off shortly after. Other than that, I'm not sure where to go. I can press a button on the D.I.C. and the mess and light will go off and usually won't come back on until the next time I start the car. What do you guys think? Is there a way I can just disable this system if I install "normal" shocks/struts on this thing?

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Ahhh... One of the most common things.......

You can install the normal thing, and I think somewhere on www.caddyinfo.com there is a thing that guides you through how to disable the system..... At any rate, it can be done!!! BTW, new stock struts are really expensive..... The passive ones are about 60/assy, and really dont have any negative affects on ride or handling!!!!

Welcome.....! Thanks for signing up!!!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Ok Dude, Here's the definetive answer to your problem. first replace the struts with passive struts. Then do this.....1991 Eldorado and Seville with Computer Command Ride (CCR): Refer to the Service Manual page 8D-12. Set the BCM override value BS09 to 0 by using the warmer and cooler buttons. Store this value by pressing the Econ button on the climate control panel and the Instant Econ button on the Fuel Data/Drivers Information Center for about five seconds. The new value will be stored even through the indicator does not flash. Remove the key from the ignition. Disconnect both battery cables from the battery. When both cables have been disconnected, touch the ends of the cables together and hold for five seconds. This will discharge the capacitors in the system and allow the system to perform properly when the battery cables are reconnected.

You can do this without replaceing the struts and it will work but the car will not handle as well as it should. Good luck!

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Great post!!! And if you havent been properly welcomed, welcome aboard!!! :wave:

Id still replace the struts anyway...... With the passive ones, of course....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: '91 Seville showing

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!!!

Also, thanks so much for the info. Looks like I'll be investing in some passive struts! Thanks, again!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: '91 Seville showing

Hi,

I have a 91 Eldorado and have had the rear level control system repaired and they are working fine. The car rides and handles great. All I need to do is figure out how to get into that BCM Override system thing on the computer so it will stop showing that ridiculous 'Service CCR System' warning. I have done the 'off---warm' button diagnostics tests and it says no codes. How do I get to the BCM overide area to find the BS09 code in order to use the warmer and cooler buttons to set it to '0'? I haven't been able to find it.

Thanks for your help.

sunshyn

P.P. said:
Ok Dude, Here's the definetive answer to your problem. first replace the struts with passive struts. Then do this.....1991 Eldorado and Seville with Computer Command Ride (CCR): Refer to the Service Manual page 8D-12. Set the BCM override value BS09 to 0 by using the warmer and cooler buttons. Store this value by pressing the Econ button on the climate control panel and the Instant Econ button on the Fuel Data/Drivers Information Center for about five seconds. The new value will be stored even through the indicator does not flash. Remove the key from the ignition. Disconnect both battery cables from the battery. When both cables have been disconnected, touch the ends of the cables together and hold for five seconds. This will discharge the capacitors in the system and allow the system to perform properly when the battery cables are reconnected.

You can do this without replaceing the struts and it will work but the car will not handle as well as it should. Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
sunshyn