Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning,

I have a 91 Seville, does anyone have a diagram of the placement of the serpentine belt. The darn thing slipped off after I sprayed it with belt dressing when it was cold :( A female blonde thing........LOL

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
balihai25 said:
Good morning,

I have a 91 Seville, does anyone have a diagram of the placement of the serpentine belt. The darn thing slipped off after I sprayed it with belt dressing when it was cold :( A female blonde thing........LOL

Ok, I found the diagram on the car....must be a reason they put it there LOL. Now I need to know which of the pullies is the tensioner. I can't seem to find it in the owners manual.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
balihai25 said:
Ok, I found the diagram on the car....must be a reason they put it there LOL. Now I need to know which of the pullies is the tensioner. I can't seem to find it in the owners manual.
WELCOME TO THE FORUMS.

Don't know off the top of my head but it should be in the middle. It won't be connected to anypart its just an open pully that you can move. You should be able to logically look at it and determine wwhat one it is. If not its all good someone here will chyme in. It should be in the middle of the pulleys btw

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
The tensioner is on top. Facing the belt end of the engine, from back to front, it should be alternator, idler pulley, tensioner , p/s pump. The tensioner takes a 1/2" breaker bar to move it, You should see the socket and the arrow on the tensioner.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
El Dobro said:
The tensioner is on top. Facing the belt end of the engine, from back to front, it should be alternator, idler pulley, tensioner , p/s pump. The tensioner takes a 1/2" breaker bar to move it, You should see the socket and the arrow on the tensioner.

Ok, have one of those breaker bars in 1/2". I am assuming once I loosen the tensioner, I will be able to put the belt back on, then tighten the tensioner up and it should work :)???

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
balihai25 said:
Ok, have one of those breaker bars in 1/2". I am assuming once I loosen the tensioner, I will be able to put the belt back on, then tighten the tensioner up and it should work :)???

IT'S ON!! No problem, thank you for all your help :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts