Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I read a install for the 91 sedan deville . I have the whole dash , rear shelf and doors apart, I need help, I currently have the am/fm/cass syhmphony sound. 6 speaker system. NON BOSE. I need a Cd Player for my 91 Cadi Sedan Deville, I have the schematics, all wires match up , except for 3 of them, Where the main power comes in , there is the main jack:

6-pin
1. Blk
2. Drk-Green ??????
3. gray
4. pink
5. yellow
6. orange

7-pin
1.orange/blk stripe????
2. purple/wht stripe??? The rest of that jack is blanked-out.

4-pin
1 .brown rear speakers
2. yellow
3. Dark-blue
4. Light blue

4-pin

1. dark green front speakers
2. light green
3. tan
4. gray

Do you know what the dark-green is for in the main power jack and also the orange/blk stripe and the purple/wht stipe is for?????? I have 3x3 tweeters "I think" up front and 5-1/4 mid range in doors and 6x9`s rear shelf, could you recomend a good Cd Player and speaker up grade if needed, that would fit dash, mine seems like 5-6 inch dept, also where to get smart jacks other than circut city, they won`t sell them un-less you buy the head unit from them, and what and where I can get a dash kit that fits, my concern is the unidentified wires above, a cd.player and dash kit that will fit?? Also using a combo of harness`s so I won`t have to do any splicing to factory wires or any for that matter. Any and all info will be appreciated. Thanks Jeff

·
Registered
1 Posts
I Have A Question For You......how Did You Remove The Rear Deck .....i Need To Remove The Rear Deck In My 91 Sedan Deville Because 1 Of My 6x9' Has Blown And I Can't Figure Out How To Remove It Any Help Would Be A Big Help.

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
I thought you could get to the back speakers from the trunk. But if you have to get them from in the car you have to take the back seat out. You might actually just be able to get away with taking that top part off where the seat belts go through. Take the plastic off from around the belts and there are bolts behind it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
What I understand on the Devilles is that if you have the Coupe Deville that the speakers will come out of the trunk (bolts point up) but if you have the Sedan Deville that you have to take out the back seat and the rear package shelf cover (not a big deal) to get to them (bolts point down).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
ChiMick