Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchases a 91 Lac Deville with 116,000 which is very good for its age. I have a few problems. My antenna wont go down at all. The car kinda idles when I stop in drive. Plus the cat converter is trash. What would be the What about be the norm for me to do with the car. I read a few posts on flushin the engine which i will do this week. Has any one replaces a power steering pump, if so how much to they cost. If anyone has any general information it would greatly help. U can reply to the post or email me at [email protected] Thanks

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Welcome to the forums....

Your antenna mast is shot.... Unfortunately, cadillac doesnt sell the mast seperately, and you gotta buy it as an entire assy (200)....

What do you mean by "the car kinda idles when I stop in drive"... It is most liekly related to your plug wires and plugs....

For the cat converter, id have it gutted if you dont have emissions... If you do, then id go with a cheapie.....

Check out www.car-part.com for the PS pump.... I dont think replacement should be too bad.....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Try doing a full tune up on it, it could probably use it since you just bought it. ( plugs, wires, rotor cap and button )

I would also go ahead and get a new cat and O2 senors while you are down there. I believe your car has one O2 senor. I changed mine recently and thought I had two but turns out that I only have one. The 93 4.9L has two senors.

·
Registered
30 Posts
DipSet11 said:
I recently purchases a 91 Lac Deville with 116,000 which is very good for its age. I have a few problems. My antenna wont go down at all. The car kinda idles when I stop in drive. Plus the cat converter is trash. What would be the What about be the norm for me to do with the car. I read a few posts on flushin the engine which i will do this week. Has any one replaces a power steering pump, if so how much to they cost. If anyone has any general information it would greatly help. U can reply to the post or email me at [email protected] Thanks
I bought a brand new antenna assembly for my 90 Deville from some guy at Ebay for around $40. Lots of people sell them there. While they aren't OEM, they claim to work in different models. I really had to "modify" the way it was supposed to be installed but with some creative thinking I got it mounted and it works great now for 3 years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts