Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1991 fleetwood
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The passengers side emblem light on my 1991 Fleetwood is not lit, and I have no idea how to replace it, and I can't find one for sale anywhere.
I think it's on what's called the C pillar.
Can anyone help me with instructions on how to remove / replace the bulb, or to find a new or used one ?

·
Registered
93 Sedan Deville 4.9L
1,005 Posts
The passengers side emblem light on my 1991 Fleetwood is not lit, and I have no idea how to replace it, and I can't find one for sale anywhere.
I think it's on what's called the C pillar.
Can anyone help me with instructions on how to remove / replace the bulb, or to find a new or used one ?
Is it the light on the outside? or inside? I know some early 90s sixty specials and maybe fleetwoods had emblems on the outside that illuminated, If that is what you are talking about then it is not a bulb, I think it was a special type of paper or something. I have seen it discussed a few times, but never having one myself I don't know too many details. Last I heard ebay was the best shot at finding one. like http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CADI...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
Registered
1997 Deville Concours
188 Posts
Search the word "electroluminescent". There have been discussions in the past. If your emblem was lit internally, then you will not be able get it working again without replacing it and then you will be very lucky to find one that works.

DAVE
'97 Concours

·
Registered
1991 fleetwood
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.
There appears to be a few for sale on e bay right now, for roughly 59.00.
The price doesn't bother me, but the ones that are offered are silver, and not in cherry shape, and one raggedy gold one was gold painted!!
So, i suppose they can be had but, I'll need to know how to replace them, I just don't want to pull it out from the padded top & ruin something. I don't suppose the shop manual would show this type of procedjure. If anybody knows how, I'd appreciate the reply.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
Its held on from the inside. Dont bother spending money on old used ones unless they are cheap. They will just end up dieing too. Either start trying to find good ones in a junk yard where they'll be cheap or look out for brand new ones.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Actually, we had a member here, StoneageCaddy who added the lit emblem concept to his '94 and used two of the EL backlit emblems (which you have already) and instead of using EL backlight he lit them from behind with a small LED bulb. It worked out REALLY nicely but it will take some work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts