Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the car:

Keyless entry not working. Central locking works fine. Remote batteries?

Radio not woking. Shows the time.

Glove compartment buttons for trunk and gas door not working.
All fuses look good.

Are all of these related? :rant2:

Thanks.

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
Did the keyless entry come with the car orignially? It was optional in those years (but may be std on a Fleetwood) and someone might have tossed it in.

To set though, there is a jumper in the ALDL connector to set and it will allow you to relearn the key FOBs. On some cars, both are required. I don't have my FSM handy, but you check here: http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/cad93rke.html

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the post.

I tried it. Jumped the terminals just like the instructions said. Nothing happened. Over and over and over... nothing. Got new batteries for the FOB.

I did discover that the driver power lock does not work. Is it related?

The trunk and gas door buttons located in the glove box work fine, I just had to turn on the ignition.

So the only problem is the keyless entry + the radio does not turn on.

Thanks for all your help

·
Registered
122 Posts
The easiest way to tell if you Fleetwood has keyless entry is to look in the trunk right next to the pull down latch. If there is a power lock switch right there you do not have keyless entry if there is no switch you do have keyless entry.

the push button power switch on those factory radios go bad. mine did. so i bought an aftermarket radio.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes the trunk is missing the aforementioned doors unlock button, so that would mean that the car has keyless entry.
The driver door lock not working probably has something to do with the keyless not working.
I think I will give up. At least it drives fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts