Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I have a 1991 Fleetwood Brougham with air assist rear suspension that has been stretched into a limo.
It has blown a rear air shock & since I am in Australia finding parts have been a nightmare, since no one here knows what I'm talking about :banghead:
I have chased down a Gabriel site that says a "G56906" will do the job.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows if this is the right part, if it is a good product & if it needs modification to fit it. Or is there something better on the market?

Thanks

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
Take a stroll over to www.autozone.com. They have a decent search engine for parts.

Autozone.com and Gabriel.com show the 49131 shock as the one you want. It is the HiJacker. That is the air assist shock.

The shock you found is the Front Wheel Drive Fleetwood, which looks to be an error on Gabriel's site. Autozone.com has a cross ref for parts and when the part you have was put in, it shows it as a rear shock/strut for a 91 Fleetwood. In the US (maybe there too) from 86-92 the Fleetwood was a FWD car. The RWD car was called the Brougham. In 93 the Fleetwood Brougham name returned till 1996 and the car was then killed off.

If it helps, 1985-1996 Brougham, Caprice, Roadmaster, Olds RWD Delta 88 all had the same rear suspension. So a parts book there might show the right part under a different car. Even the Impala SS in 1994-1996 had the same.

Edit: Looks like 86-96 uses the same shock specs.

·
Registered
1978 Seville, 1979 Seville, 1979 Seville diesel, 1980 Eldo
142 Posts
I put the Highjackers on my '90 FWB 3 months ago...nice ride! You need an air supply kit for them, though. They used to come with the shocks...not now!

FRANKO

1 - 3 of 3 Posts