Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are some before and after pics of my deville now it is just sitting in my yard....

and...

now after...

fixable? if so how much $$ worth of damage? engine still runs and radiator is gone....

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
one more..... :crying2:

had a $3,500 dollar system in there too! good thing nothing was damaged in the crash but im transfering all that stuff to my 97 concours next week.

two-15'' concepts
one-1500watt concept amp
two-PPI 2240 amps (for mids and highs)
-power cap
all pioneer mids and highs

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
I dont think that would be too expensive to fix..... Looks like youll need a new radiator, new lights up front, and a new hood.... Not terrible at all..... Fortunately the bumper didnt get damaged or any other panels (from the pictures)....

I think youd be able to pick them up off a junker and get it repainted easy enough..... It shouldnt be too expensive, maybe 1000ish depending on how lucky you get.....

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
Kinda weird that it's so high up.. What did you hit/what hit you? I don't know how much it would cost, but it doesn't look too bad.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Yes I am also curious as to how you got that damage so high and so narrow.....

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
Were you in the car at the time? if so, how hard was the hit? If it was really hard, find a Factory service manual, they have a list of points on the body you measure across diagionally. If these measurements exceed specs (which I really doubt unless it was a HARD hit) it's probably not worth it unfortunately. LOOKING at the car, it looks pretty easy to fix with a decent donor car. Heck the fenders don't even look damaged. I'll see if my friend could take a look at the pics and give you a price to expect if you get the whole thing professionally repaired.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I run a body shop in N.E Ohio. You could expect to pay $500-$750 for parts at your local recycle facility, and if you install yourself, the paint work should run about the same. These cars have a clear coat, which means extra time in the spray booth, but the result is worth it.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
If the rad got damaged it's probably going to be more then just changing parts. It's probably fixable but the only way you're going to find out how much is if you get a body shop or your insurance company to look at it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
if you decide not to fix it and just get rid of it let me know.... that car is identical to mine except i have that cloth thing on the back part of the roof

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes I was in the car at the time of impact. Some 80 something year old guy slammed his brakes when I was getting off of my cell phone and took my eyes off the road for that 1 second. So I saw him stop at the last second SLAMMED on my brakes and it was too late. The reason the hit looks so high up is my car was at an angle from me slamming my brakes trying to stop. I figured the cost of repairing it would be more than the car is worth. That is why I now own a 97 cadillac concours.

·
Registered
2001 Deville; 1990 Brougham
1,519 Posts
Since you now have the '97, I am guessing that you are selling the car/ parts? If you are, can I get some info/ price estimate on your rims, with or without tires? It was the picture of your car on layitlow.com forums and the posts on that thread that warmed me up even more to 15" spokes.
Jacob Hoppe

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tru504187211 said:
Since you now have the '97, I am guessing that you are selling the car/ parts? If you are, can I get some info/ price estimate on your rims, with or without tires? It was the picture of your car on layitlow.com forums and the posts on that thread that warmed me up even more to 15" spokes.
Jacob Hoppe
Yeah man well i have let the rims go to shit since after the accident. They are in my back yard all rusted in between the spokes and in the nipples. I just stopped caring man. They werent daytons or anything just no name wires. I tried to change the game with 15'' spokes instead of the traditional 14's. I recommend them, i liked mine and I got more looks than some cars on 20's just goes to show you man rim size doesnt matter what does is finding a set of rims that accentuates your car. If you want to talk more man just email me.

[email protected]

·
Registered
10 Posts
YO I got the same lac, when it was workin did you have any problems with it??? I gotta few with mine........Any help would be appreciated.........Yeah did u have T.V.'s in there???? if so did you have one where the head unit is supposed to be??

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
do not get rid of that car
if you have a few hundred bucks, you can get the stuff you need for it. repainting it may be expensive though. I know what your position is though.read my post. 1994 deville + telephone pole

1 - 16 of 16 Posts