Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently made a trip (3 hrs) back to Philly and after about 45 minutes on the highway the heater would only blow hot. Heat would start blowing out the upper ductwork. Coolant temp was correct (190) but I could not get the interior to regulate correctly, I had to open windows to keep from getting too hot. Tried to drop temp to 60 and still upper ducts blew hot air. Tried turning to off and still blew hot but at a much slower rate. When I first start car all seems ok Hot air blows out lower ducts , only time I seem to have problem is on highway for extended run times(30 minutes or more) Any help would be appreciated , thanks, John

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am having the same problem with my 89 eldorado. Summers coming and the heat coming out of those vents is beginning to become unbearable. If anyone has any suggestions, please help! Thankyou, Angelx

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Sounds like it may be the programmer. That's what the gizmo under the dash is called that moves the vent doors to the position that the control tells it to so the heat, a/c,etc. goes where it's suppose to.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yea, sure souds like the programmer. It's located behind the glove box--aluminum looking box with electrical connectors on it and a square vacuum block held in with a nut--possibly 7 mm. Check for vacuum coming into the programmer too. I don't remember how pricey they are. Might want to go junkin' and plug one in. Good luck:coolgleam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts