Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2007 DTS
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 91 Eldo just had the dash go dark. No lights anywhere. No codes either. It runs and drives OK but the dash going dark is a problem. It did it while I was driving and came back by itself. It did it numerous times but never quit running. I have the battery on a charger to see if maybe it is the problem. Any suggestions?

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
18,827 Posts
My 91 Eldo just had the dash go dark. No lights anywhere. No codes either. It runs and drives OK but the dash going dark is a problem. It did it while I was driving and came back by itself. It did it numerous times but never quit running. I have the battery on a charger to see if maybe it is the problem. Any suggestions?
=======================
could be as simple as a loose/dirty ground -

·
2007 DTS
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did have the battery out to fix a hose. I will check the terminals to make sure they are clean and tight. I also have the following codes but doubt if they have anything to do with it.
E013-right o2 sensor not ready
E052-ECM memory
B120-twilight sentinel
B121-" "
B448- AC issue (not connected or working)
B552- battery was disconnected

·
2007 DTS
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I removed and installed the battery cables and all seems right. I drove it about 10 miles and the dash was fine.

·
2007 DTS
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The dimmer has no affect. When the dash is lit, the dimmer works as usual. I think it was a bad ground from the battery. Time will tell.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I had that problem on my '88 eldo. It was the Central Power Supply. Also, I just experienced this on my '92 Toronado and that time it was the photocell that sit at the base of the windshield in the center. I saw that you have an error code for the twilight sentinel which the aforementioned photocell plays a big role in. Hopefully you fixed your problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts