Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ya so last night i was coming home from work at 10 and i pulled out of sentry...where i work and i go across the intersection and this kid flys past me in his cavalier..it was red. he then moved into my lane and slowed down so i put my blinker on to turn onto the on ramp for the highway to go home i was too tired to mess around. so he turns onto the ramp and does 35 to the bottom and then floors it i was like w/e i'm not gonna play so i speed up to 70 put the cruise on and he pulls up beside me and starts laughing at me so i just shrugged my shoulders and punched it..put the needle to 85 (hahah dont go any farther) and he was way behind me. thats the last i saw of him. pretty fun tho just thought i'd tell ya. my big boat beat a little car hehehe

·
Registered
Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS
6,654 Posts
I had a 93 Cavalier RS convertible that had a 3.1L in it. It was quick from a stop, but they have nothing above about 70. Your 'big boat' is twice the car of anything with a cavalier emblem. I love it whenever one of those cocky kids in their little disposable cars are humbled.

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
I used to race Z24 Cavaliers and those things could move!! When my V6 Pontiac coupe was younger, I would run against anything on Friday and Saturday nights. I would suprise many 5.0 Mustangs at first then they would blow me away if they wanted to though! I remember the mid 80's Camaros were not much and I could usually get the jump on them out of the hole, and they had a real hard time playing catch-up, if they could. :nono: It has 150 ft lbs of torque, and it was a lot lighter than a GM F body.

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
gothicaleigh said:
I had a 93 Cavalier RS convertible that had a 3.1L in it. It was quick from a stop, but they have nothing above about 70. Your 'big boat' is twice the car of anything with a cavalier emblem. I love it whenever one of those cocky kids in their little disposable cars are humbled.
Disposable car!? A disposable car is usually not anything with a V6, it is usually something like a Sprint, or that ugly little new Chev hatchback that looks EXACTLY like the ridiculous Echo Hatchback. GM builds great V6's that have been tested over decades and prob that was the base to build on for your V6 CTS? :lildevil: :yup:

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
Don't get me wrong, the 3100 is a great engine, but the Cavalier in all of it's forms is disposable. Any car that can be had for that price is.

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
gothicaleigh said:
Don't get me wrong, the 3100 is a great engine, but the Cavalier in all of it's forms is disposable. Any car that can be had for that price is.
True enough I suppose. ;) How was yours for repairs? I bet you never had anything major go wrong with it. I always wanted to put a shift kit into the old Phoenix coupe, just to see how it would run against some rough competition, but I certainly could not be bothered to spend money on it now that a have this beautiful Caddy to drive. :p

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
No major repairs other than constant alignment problems with the power top. Runs perfect to this day and the only signs of wear is on the convertible bonnet and my RS striping has flaked off. I just leave it down now in the garage and use it a bit in the summer. Fun car. Mine is red with a white top and grey interior (it's actually a better color combo than it sounds).

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
gothicaleigh said:
No major repairs other than constant alignment problems with the power top. Runs perfect to this day and the only signs of wear is on the convertible bonnet and my RS striping has flaked off. I just leave it down now in the garage and use it a bit in the summer. Fun car. Mine is red with a white top and grey interior (it's actually a better color combo than it sounds).
I love that color combo, sounds great! From what I've read the 3.1 was a bored out 2.8 for some extra HP. True, they ran out of breath at the high-end but they were peppy. A convertible would be neat and when my Mom bought this Phoenix I still have in 1980, there was a yellow Phoenix coupe conv. in the showroom. Years later the dealer we knew told me there were only 3 convertibles like that EVER built! I wonder where they are now. It would prob be worth something if it is still in good shape, but I doubt it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts