Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Sedan Deville 4.9l 80k miles
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried several things getting my fobs to work with this 91 Deville. I started with new batteries in the old remotes. I had to replace the bcm so reprogramming I would assume is mandatory. I read online about shorting points g and a in the DLC. That did initiate the doors to lock and unlock and pop the trunk. It seemed when I pushed the buttons on the fob it cycled the locks. But when I disconnected the connection in the DLC and pushed the unlock and lock buttons nothing happened. It seemed liked the the car forgot the remote. Is that possible? Also, I ordered a key fob tester and it doesn't show the fob as working but of all the known working fobs I have the only one that shows working on the tester is a ford 1 button. Even though I know my regular fobs for my 07 mustang work fine on the car. I purchased a fob that was supposed to be for a 91 Cadillac but isn't OEM. When I tried to program it I tried to grounding point G it acted different. now it cycles the locks but doesn't pop the trunk. Is there a reason why it didnt pop the trunk? Does that matter? Where are the receivers for the fobs? Is the bcm the only working part inside the car?

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Sedan Deville 4.9l 80k miles
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Did I do something wrong or ask something dumb? I never not got a response. Please help me I will clarify anything I can.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts