Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Can someone tell me how to test my fuel pressure regulator and my injectors for leaks? I read that this was a common problem for failing emissions tests. (I do not have the old test to see where/why it failed) The computer isnt giving me any codes and im running brand new oil so I figured I would check these items. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
Fuel pressure is not likely to cause emissions problems, I wouldn't think. You check it by putting a fuel pressure guage on the shcrader valve, which is on the fuel rail. Start the car and see what the pressure is. To check the injectors, pull the fuel rail with injectors still attatched. Turn the key on to pressurize the fuel system and watch for any leaks. Leaky injector(s) or FPR could cause a rich condition and fail emissions.

·
Registered
'91 Fleetwood Coupe, '95 SLS
196 Posts
beaker said:
Hi,

Can someone tell me how to test my fuel pressure regulator and my injectors for leaks? I read that this was a common problem for failing emissions tests. (I do not have the old test to see where/why it failed) The computer isnt giving me any codes and im running brand new oil so I figured I would check these items. Thanks

~ Check the Resistance of your Fuel Injectors! A Dribbling or Partial to Wide Open Injector/Injectors can make you fail. You should read between 12 to 20 OHMS for a Proper Functioning Injector. If you are reading from low teens to below 10 OHMS the Injectors need to be replaced. If you have multiple Bad Injectors and the readings for the rest of the injectors are in the low for proper function, Replace All. You can take readings in the Rig with a standard multimeter.

Skullman {:{}

1 - 3 of 3 Posts