Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
91 DeVille Parking brake release, Question!

My Current Problem is HERE
My deville does something funny, The electric door locks will not work when a door on the vehicle is open.
If I open the driver side door and push the button to lock the doors, nothing happens.
But if the door is closed and I am inside the vehicle, the lock button functions normally and locks all of the doors.
Is there any way to fix this? Any suggestions?

This was fixed, Thanks Chris!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Dumb question, but is the key still in the ignition when you try the door locks?

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
It doesn't matter if the key is in the ignition or not it sohuld still lock. Does the lock button on the other door work properly?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RonWa said:
Dumb question, but is the key still in the ignition when you try the door locks?
No, the key is out of the ignition when I try the door locks.

brougham said:
It doesn't matter if the key is in the ignition or not it sohuld still lock. Does the lock button on the other door work properly?
Nope, both doors will function when they are closed, however when they are open, the lock button does nothing.

Is it possible that there could be a problem with a fuse?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes, it is likely a fuse problem. The fuse that is the likely culprit is on the passenger side - you'll have to remove the lower sound insulator the get at it. It is located in the relay center. power door lock fuse is # 2.

Had the exact same problem when I bought the car.

Regards,

Chris

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Caddy-chris said:
Yes, it is likely a fuse problem. The fuse that is the likely culprit is on the passenger side - you'll have to remove the lower sound insulator the get at it. It is located in the relay center. power door lock fuse is # 2.

Had the exact same problem when I bought the car.

Regards,
Chris
Thanks allot Chris! That was the problem, fixed it in about 5 minutes.

Now another question, HERE

1 - 6 of 6 Posts